“Comfartable and friendly”

Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona
Ranked #1 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Nice place to stay in Barcelona. A place with a special atmosphere, which makes you feel at home or among friends. Location is very convenient - about 5-7 minutes of walk from Plaza Spana, in walking distance from ramblas, cathedral and aguarium. The accomodation consits of two parts - bedroom and rest room - across the corridor. A great idea - snack bar around the clock. When you walk or ride around Barcelona, it is great to call in to have a cold drink or coffee. If you are not great eater, the snaks, salds and soup are quite enough for a light lunch. They offer bikes for rent, more expensive then you could rent in the street. but on the other hand you can come and leave during day, have a rest and then continue your journey, which is pretty convenient. The staff is always helpful and friendly. Breakfast is also very good. The hotel is not cheap but taking into account location, good service and snack bar (which helps to save your money) the hotel is a perfect choice for a stay in Barcelona. They also have a small gym for free, not a full scale - mostly cardio zone - but in any case, quite a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DimaPhantom

Reviewed 15 June 2014

There a not many hotel where I can say: „This stay was perfect from the beginning to the end.”. The Casa Camper Hotel is one of them.

I had to do a hotel change, because my other hotel was near a festival area. I don't have an idea why I did not immediately booked this hotel. The next time I know where to stay in Barcelona.

I arrived after a quick online booking and a short call at the hotel. I was warmly greeted and one of the staff explained me the breakfast area and the important things. My suite (No. 35) was not ready, because of my early arriving. But they kept my suitcase and brought it to my suite.

In the Afternoon I came back and got my room key and was brought to my suite. They gave me also a short instruction of my suite.

The suite was really nice. Most important for me was the noise. The hotel is just a few minutes from Las Ramblas, so I was a little bit afraid. The small street was quiet in comparison with the living Barcelona. Especially the part near the hotel. I slept very well. In the morning a rain shower head helped me to get fresh. The breakfast was also good. You can also have “Cook to order”. I didn’t try that. Loved more the fresh fruits and jamón (smoked ham).

Another great thing is the 24 hours snack area. It's good for a short snack or a complete lunch/dinner. More important for me was the mineral water and the juices.

Something that I really liked was the feeling that I was always welcome. The staff makes the difference. They tried everything, so that I had a great stay. They were always friendly and helpful. Small things, like the water bottle after check out, shows that they know how to treat guests.

Thank you Casa Camper Barcelona for the perfect stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank LTobias
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We had high expectations for Casa Camper based on TA reviews and its overall standing as #2 in Barcelona (used to be #1). Well, our expectations were surpassed. We have never experienced such an atmosphere of sincere caring and interest on the part of a hotel staff. My wife called them her "angels". As others have said, it is a perfect location, one block from La Rambla and two blocks from Plaza Catalunya. Yet it is remarkably quiet on the bedroom side of the suite that faces an innner courtyard of sorts. It is walking distance to most of the things you'd want to see in central Barcelona. The 24-hour cafe actually had tasty and nutritious foods and the breakfasts were made individually per your order. We could not recommend this hotel more highly.

Room Tip: There are only 20 rooms, Higher floors that are on the east side (towards La Rambla) have better vie...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stevehecht
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed several nights in this hotel. The staff could not have been more helpful or friendly and they were all quite comfortable in English and willing to help me with my Spanish. We were informed of breakfast times, and then wandered down early at least twice and were pleased to find that the staff made eggs and coffee for us, in spite of the fact that we were at least an hour early once. The included 'snack bar' was a life saver for us when we felt that we had eaten too much to want to go out but were a little peckish. They also have alcohol to purchase.

We asked for restaurant recommendations and were given maps and caveats (e.g., one restaurant is great, but when busy the waiters can become impatient.) We were warned about cancelling reservations for fancy restaurants--some charge you a cancellation fee).

The room is extremely simple. We had a suite which simply means that it is at the end of a hall and so all the rooms are connected and the room is slightly bigger because it includes the space that would have been the hall. The real convenience is that you can travel from bathroom, to bedroom, to lounge area without a robe or getting dressed. Other rooms have the same three room arrangement, but there is a public hall between the bedroom and the sitting area or lounge. The lounge does include a hammock which was.enjoyed! The placement of the lounge protects the bedroom from street noise, and, in spite of being "off" las ramblas, there is some noise. Still, it is located in a relatively quiet area and there were no noise disruptions of my sleep. Another nice thing about the simplicity of the room is that it is easy to pack and check out without fear of losing anything--no drawers to hide things in, not much bulky furniture to look under.

The bathroom looks out on their "vertical garden," which allows light in the bathroom, but also privacy. There is a shelf under the window so we had plenty of room for our toiletries, which is not always the case in European hotels. The shower is overhead (from the ceiling) with a wand and was comfortably usable.

Finally, there is a roof top terrace. We went up twice with wine just to relax during a break in our day.

The hotel is conveniently located near Las Ramblas and the Plaza Catalunya Metro stop, so it was very easy to get around. I would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: I do not know that there are good or bad rooms, 2nd to 6th floor and suites or regular rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandra s
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife and I are just leaving after about a week in Barcelona. This is a wonderful hotel. It's central, very comfortable, laid back and the staff are all superb. It's difficult to fault the place. There is self serve food, coffee and drinks in an area off the foyer which is an oasis form the hustle and bustle of Central Barcelona. This is the way hotel life should be. A home away from home.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stay in a good number of hotels on business and have stayed in plenty of top end hotels for pleasure. Never have I had service so good. They personalised everything they good down to special cheese for breakfast. Great location, great rooms, great terrace and a brilliant idea to replace minibars. I will be surprised if I ever find a better hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had six nights at the Casa Camper while visiting Barcelona for the first time. The location is really good, not far from the top of la Rambla: for a tourist, it can't get much better. Our room was quirky, because it's a recycled industrial building. We had a sitting area across the corridor from our bedroom and bathroom. We did not find this a great arrangement, but we were comfortable. The best feature is to be found downstairs, the area for breakfast and relaxation and the reception desk. The staff were extraordinarily helpful. They are encouraged to chat with guests, which I have never seen before in a city hotel. Breakfasts were good. The seating area was unusual but we learnt to like it. A lovely touch is that there are snacks there for you all day at no extra charge. We would go back to Casa Camper any day and would like to find hotels like it in other cities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple