“The best hotel I've stayed at.”

Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona
Ranked #1 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I'm on the road 80-120 days/year and stay in a variety of hotels in the US and abroad. Imagine a hotel which is totally welcoming without engaging in pretense or being pretentious. The staff are totally engaged with their guests, the rooms are quiet, imaginatively designed and comfortable, and the cost of the room includes not only an excellent breakfast but food from a well-stocked kitchen 24 hours a day. All this and it is eco-friendly as well. There is no question about my returning to Casa Camper next time I'm in Barcelona.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael R

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a quirky little spot that has staff who will knock themselves out to make your stay pleasant and to recommend wonderful restaurants and places to explore. I found the room set up odd, with the sitting room across the public hall from the bedroom - as a result, the bedroom was especially small, as was the bath. It was impractical to keep luggage across the hall from where we slept and showered, so luggage cluttered the sleeping room. We were on the top floor, but since the hotel is on a small narrow street, neither part of our room had any sort of view, but then, it was very quiet.

The breakfast was minimal, but good and efficient. The location near Barri Gotic and The Born, just off the Ramblas, was ideal for exploring the oldest part of the city on foot. The price was quite high compared to other more upscale hotels we have stayed in while visiting Barcelona, not by that much, but for less comfort the price seemed high. The staff and the location are the selling points for this hip pricy hotel, and that does go quite a long way.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank TeresaB25
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Five stars seem inadequate when rating Casa Camper because each aspect of this highly unusual 'boutique' property rates a star. Admittedly, I was somewhat leery when I chose it since it is contrary to what I always choose when we travel...a quaint, usually old, historic B&B type. This seemed way too hip and modern and I feared that my husband would think that I had lost my mind! WRONG on all counts. First, location is perfect; out the door and a short walk to La Rambla and Placa Catalunya and SO many different neighborhoods. Second, the staff is BEYOND outstanding starting with the manager, Susana, who is not only on site, available, interacting with the guests BUT also has such a wonderful and calm way with her staff that you know that they all love their jobs because they love working with her! Then there's Georgina who helped us daily as we tried to navigate our way here, there and EVERYWHERE; she was always and unfailingly able to solve our every issue. BTW, she has only one language problem in English...she doesn't know the words "no" or "can't" or "impossible"! We'd also like to give kudos to the amazing kitchen staff who prepared the best to-order breakfasts every day and Wim and all the others whose names I forgot but who were equally outstanding! Finally (since I can't write a book or you'll just stop reading), you get not just one but TWO rooms as well as 24 hour complimentary snacks and beverages. When we had to leave, although we were headed on a fantabulous cruise, I would have been ever so happy to stay for another week in Casa Camper and beautiful Barcelona!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Lili1012
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel was in a perfect location! You could walk to the marina and many different neighborhoods, it was easy to get a cab, and it is a quick walk if want to take the airport shuttle bus. The hotel was very clean, the food/snacks were excellent, and the service was outstanding. The staff was very responsive to emails for information before we arrived and they took the time to help us plan our day by showing us walking routes on the map. We loved the extra room with the hammock and wished our stay had been longer so we could really enjoy it more. I would not even consider staying anywhere else if we went back to Barcelona (which I would love to do).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon N
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel is close to the action of Barcelona yet tucked away on a quite street. The decor is very clever and smart. The private lounge across the hall gave my son his own space. The 24 hour complimentary snacks and beverage are wonderful and the made to order complimentary breakfasts are delicious. The roof top lounge is relaxing and scenic. You can tell the staff is genuinely proud of their hotel and go out of their way to create an exceptional experience for the guests. I wish every city had a Casa Camper.

Room Tip: Get a room with a mini lounge if you are traveling with a teenager or a companion who is not your si...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

we booked this hotel for a trip to visit Camp Nou and watch FC Barcelona play. The service, room, hotel location, and overall experience was excellent! This hotel concept was well thought-out and I highly recommend staying here. For a european hotel, I felt that the room rates were very reasonable. No trouble finding the hotel from the airport. The staff was very helpful and provided a restaurant recommendation that was off of the beaten path and was clearly a "locals" destination. Amazing meal. My husband has a significant food allergy, and the staff at Casa Camper was so accommodating and helpful as we navigated the morning breakfast and afternoon snacks at the hotel. If you are able to procure a reservation, stay here!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I rest my case , if you come to Barcelona close your eyes and book this place. It's a gem and the staff are excellent and I don't have enough words to describe my love for this place. From Georgina and Fernanda at the reception to everyone else (sorry I don't remember the names) u guys rock and would definitely come back !!! Thanks for making us feel wonderful !!!

• Stayed: June 2014