Our holiday here was spoiled by the fact that despite how this hotel is advertised it is totally inaccessable by public transport. We did not have a car but booked for 4 nights thinking we could use the local train station to explore Barcelona and surrouding areas = THIS IS NOT THE CASE. Taxis cost up to 20 Euro to the nearest train station so it would have been much better if the hotel had available a courtesy bus or taxi service. One evening we had a couple of drinks in the local town of Sant Esteve Sesovries and had to rely on the police station to find us a taxi back to this hotel. This was only 10pm. On trying to discuss this with the manager we found him to be very defensive and unhelpful = not willing to accept any responsibility . We would never stay here again or recommend that independant travellers without their own transport stay here either. In fact we booked elsewhere for our 4th night thereby cutting short our stay as we could not get around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Barcelo Barcelona Golf Hotel is located in a superb setting in the midst of the Mediterranean sea and Montserrat's mountains, a hotel of recent construction, following the modern yet elegant style of the Pened's. This newly built property has its own GOLF course on site. designed by the renowned player and architect Jose Maria Olazabal. As an addition the Hotel offers top of the line facilities for incentive groups, meetings and conventions. The hotels also has a SPA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Montserrat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Montserrat Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelo Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelo Hotel Montserrat
- Barcelo Montserrat Barcelona, Catalonia