Stayed here for 5 nights in July, after picking up a great deal on the internet (also 5 nights for price of 4). We knew the hotel was out of the way, and were quite happy with that. We hired a car and were able to see something different in the region every day (Barcelona, the mountains, the wineries, the coast etc etc). However, although the hotel, the accommodation and the location were all stunning, there was definitely something lacking (atmosphere?). For what should have been a very busy time of year, it appeared almost empty, and if it hadn't have been for a couple of functions happening during our time there, we would have seen very few people!
Service in the bar and restaurant areas was very poor- language (and lack of enthusiasm) was a constant problem - , and the night we ate in the buffet restaurant, there were only 2 other tables occupied. The food, although very good, looked as though it had been set out some time before, and obviously since there were very few customers, it hadn't been refreshed. The bar at the pool was never open, which meant if you wanted a drink you had to climb the stairs to the bar and hope someone could be bothered to serve you. The pool area was lovely and always quiet - no chair hoggers here!
Contrary to that, however, was the service we received from the reception and maintenance staff. We had a couple of small "niggles" which needed attention in our room (safe locked when we got there, shower not working) and each of these was attended to immediately. We were very impressed.
I don't know if we would stay here again. The lack of other places around to eat out is a big down point (although try the restaurant at the top of the road - it is obviously a favourite with locals, and when we ate there for lunch one day, we got 3 courses with bread, bottled water and coffee for 8 euros each! Nothing fancy, no menu apart from what the waitresses had written on their pads, but a fantastic experience. )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Barcelo Barcelona Golf Hotel is located in a superb setting in the midst of the Mediterranean sea and Montserrat's mountains, a hotel of recent construction, following the modern yet elegant style of the Pened's. This newly built property has its own GOLF course on site. designed by the renowned player and architect Jose Maria Olazabal. As an addition the Hotel offers top of the line facilities for incentive groups, meetings and conventions. The hotels also has a SPA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Montserrat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Montserrat Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelo Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelo Hotel Montserrat
- Barcelo Montserrat Barcelona, Catalonia