Ways to Experience Montefusco Cycling
from US$117.92
More Info
from US$117.92
More Info
All reviews costa brava cycling experience ironman barcelona great route great guide bike tour claudio ride cyclists bikes falls challenging girona scenery cleats pace penedes
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

Whilst planning a trip to Barcelona for a 20th wedding anniversary celebration, I happened across Montefusco Cycling so decided to add a tour to our activity.
Claudio has been the best guide and tailored a route to suit our level of ability.
The bikes and equipment were prepared to our needs and I cannot thank Claudio enough for the way he managed our time on the bikes

From novice to Olympian, if you want to see Catalunya on 2 wheels then Claudio is the best.

Date of experience: September 2015
2  Thank 67karls
CMontefusco, Owner at Montefusco Cycling, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2015

Thank you very much for your comments! It was challenging to lead some beginners in road cycling as you were, and did my best for you to become road cycling addicts!

Reviewed 6 September 2015

A well-deserved five stars for this awesome business .Claudio will rent you and your friends bikes but that's not all. Claudio runs a personalised cycle tour company aimed at the individual or small group which will make your trip to Barcelona and Catalunya something really special .

The road bike was not just of good quality ( carbon bike, ultegra brakes) but he also carried a small size and a female-specific seat. Claudio delivers exceptional customer service, is unfailingly polite and good company , is punctual and responsive to your needs and expectations.

He loves cycling and this is apparent with his detailed knowledge of the routes he plans. I simply could not have gone as far or had as good a time alone. He speaks great English, he' s a great rider and whether you are fast or slow, on your own or planning a multi day tour with friends, he understands what you want and delivers accordingly.

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank Sri s

Thank you very much for your comments! It was my pleasure guiding you and showing some of our best roads for cycling. Still a few of them to discover when you come back!

Reviewed 6 September 2015

I contacted Claudio to arrange a 4 day cycling tour in the Basque. We were four couples with different cycling experiences and were interested in cycling, experiencing the local culture, especially the food and wine. I sent Claudio an article from Bon Appetite describing a 3 day trip, eating and drinking in the Basque. His immediate response and enthusiasm for helping put together a wonderful experience was amazing. Hotels, restaurants, arrival pick up, cycling stages, transfers, dinners and lunches were are carefully thought out. It is not an easy task to move 8 people, luggage, and bikes thru four days! That said, I must comment on the cycling...we received kits, bike fitting (great bikes) tee shirts and hats. All four stages were printed out with distance and climbing gradients so we knew what to expect. Always Claudio, or Jon, our Basque connection and expert cyclist, as well Andoni, who drove our sag and made delicious lunches as well as captured amazing moments with his camera for us. To say this trip was incredible does not describe its entirety. The terrain alone is worth the visit! More beautiful than Tuscany...uncanny light and beautiful vistas. Each days stage was planned to see the most beautiful views in the Basque. We ended our trip with a lunch at a local restaurant that served a traditional Basque meal with the wines and a unique dessert local to the region. Toasting each other's accomplishments, exchanging gifts and laughs and promising to ride again with these guys! Spectacular trip....every detail, however minor, was well attended, even chamois cream and an adapter! Thank you, Claudio, Jon and Andoni!

Date of experience: August 2015

Thank you very much for your comments! It was also a great experience for us guiding you and putting together a very special trip! We love cycling but also letting you know our culture, gastronomy...

Reviewed 4 August 2015 via mobile

I am training for an Ironman triathlon and needed a nice bike and guide to help me find the best routes while traveling in Spain. Claudio is passionate about cycling and Barcelona - a perfect match for my needs. I highly recommend taking a tour with Claudio for any level cyclist. I'll hopefully get the chance to ride with him in Barcelona (or New York!) again.

Date of experience: July 2015
CMontefusco, Owner at Montefusco Cycling, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2015

Thank you very much for your comments! You are right, I love Barcelona and I would also love to cycle together again!

Reviewed 28 July 2015

A very enjoyable day out around the cava growing fields and through the villages behind Sitges. Claudio was very friendly helpful and knowledgeable in organising the excursion. The bike, the route and the weather was perfect and a beer on the beach topped it off nicely. My only regret was not doing another day up to Mont Seurat....next time.

Date of experience: July 2015
CMontefusco, Owner at Montefusco Cycling, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2015

Thank you very much for your comments! Yes, definitely Montserrat is worth a visit!