The hills around Barcelona by roadbike, private tour. Pick up/drop off included.

Book in advance
from
£95.95
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Montefusco Cycling
from £95.95
More Info
from £95.95
More Info
All reviews costa brava road bike cycling experience fantastic ride great route an excellent guide amazing scenery montserrat mountain own pace claudio cyclists bikes falls challenging descents sitges terrain
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Claudio met us at our hotel exactly at 9:00 as promised and took us to a calmer area of the city along the coast to start our ride. He supplied us with two bikes an Orbea and a BH- Spanish bikes for a ride in Spain. He had pedals to fit our cleats and helmets and tools to fit the bikes for us. We started along the coast then headed towards the hills on a beautiful bike path along the river. I felt very safe on the roads, the drivers were very respectful of cyclists. The road up the mountain/hill to the Basilica was not too tough and the view was incredible. I rode with my son and it was the best. Claudio is fabulous guide speaks very good English Spanish and German. I HEALY recommend him to anyone who wants to go for a great bike ride in a beautiful part of the country

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Excellent communication online and emails before our trip, replies were very prompt. Claudio was very understanding and clear in his communications. It was very easy to book and pay with instant confirmation.
On the day, Claudio collected our son a few minutes earlier than arranged in his van with the rented high-quality road bike on board, already set up for our son's measurements. Claudio was very pleasant to speak to and we felt confident of the safety of our 16 year old with him. They drove across the city to a start point to avoid some city riding.
Our son loved the cycle ride and was out for 5 hours and was brought back at exactly the time Claudio said. It was a beautiful sunny day even in February but some of the descents would have been tricky in the wet.
Within 2 hours, we had received an excellent video of the route they rode (Tour de France 3D style) and some photos taken at the top of the hill. I would highly recommend this for any keen cyclist. Thanks you so much Claudio, he definitely wants to ride with you again!

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 25 February 2017

I had a fantastic day of cycling with Claudio on the Costa Brava. His service was exceptional, answering my questions about the trip clearly and promptly, providing a quality bicycle, on time pick up from my hotel in Barcelona, and a great meal after we were done. Once in the saddle, Claudio was a pleasure to ride with, constantly checking to see that I was enjoying myself and pointing out interesting sights along the way. Most importantly, he was not only able, but willing, to accomodate my need to change the day of our scheduled ride due to my lost luggage. His operation is first class but with the personal touch you only get from an entrepreneur like Claudio. I highly recommend Montefusco Cycling and will reconnect with Claudio on my next trip to Barcelona!

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed 10 February 2017

Last July (2016) Claudio arranged an amazing 7 day, supported tour for me and 7 members of my Canadian cycling squadra - all avid, competitive cyclists. We began in Girona, and did a big loop north into the Pyrenees including a night in France (aix les thermes) and Andorra.- averaging about 110-120 km per day. A week later we ended our ride at Mar de Tossa, a beauty seaside resort on the Costa Brava near Girona. Claudio worked out all details of our route, meals, hotels etc. while providing support on the road/moving our baggage from town to town. We have previously done several bike tours in pyrenees and alps with other cyclo-tour organizers (including Duck tours, cyclo mondo) but in most respects Claudio was absolutely the best! Incredibly attentive and kind, but obviously he knows the coolest roads, and nicest off the beaten track hotels in northern Spain.. .esp. Catalonia & Basque regions. For no extra charge he also picked up everyone + our bikes at Barce airport and transported to Girona. Then arranged to get everyone back to Barce to make our various flights when the tour was over . We wouldn't hesitate to ride w/ Montefusco Tours again and are already thinking about arranging a similar tour w/ Claudio in the basque

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank biobassman
Reviewed 2 February 2017

Claudio put a week tour together for our group of 8. Started in Girona, into the Pyrenees and into France, Andorra and ended on the Costa Brava. 100km plus per day. Great hotels and meals were arranged. The support van was always in the places it was needed. Highly recommended. Thanks Claudio

Date of experience: July 2016