The hills around Barcelona by roadbike, private tour. Pick up/drop off included.

Book in advance
from
£95.95
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Montefusco Cycling
from £95.95
More Info
from £95.95
More Info
All reviews costa brava road bike cycling experience fantastic ride great route an excellent guide amazing scenery montserrat mountain own pace claudio cyclists bikes falls challenging descents sitges terrain
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

I booked four days with Claudio including two rides around Barcelona and the Costa Brava and Montseny rides. The rides were perfect for me being used to riding at 15 to 16 mph in the UK though there was a bit more climbing.

Claudio was a perfect companion. His English is superb and we discussed a wide range of topics during our rides and over lunch.

The rides were all very enjoyable particularly the one through the Montseny mountain range which was the best riding experience I've had: beautiful scenery, very good road conditions and almost no traffic. The 15 mile descent is one that I very much want to do again.

All in all a most enjoyable cycling holiday.

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank JonathanCalverley
CMontefusco, Owner at Montefusco Cycling, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Thank you very much for your review! My pleasure to guide you, and also very good training sessions!

Reviewed 2 April 2017

I came to Girona for a couple of days of riding while on a business trip in europe as i heard so many great things about the area. I contacted Montefusco Cycling and said i was going to be in the area for a couple of days but was looking to book 1 ride with a guide in the 50k range. He hooked me up with Macia who lives in the Girona area who met me on Saturday morning outside my hotel at 10am sharp. the weather unfortunately wasnt great, with light rain which lasted for the first hour of our ride to Banyoles Lake. it was a fabulous ride despite the weather. Macia, is very knowledgeable about the area and the 50k seemed to go by in an instant due to the scenery and fabulous conversation! It was such a great time that I booked with him to do another ride on sunday. this time we did a bit of climbing...Els Angels/Sant Pellaia. what a fabulous area to explore. Again, the ride was amazing but most importantly, it was like being out on the roads with a great friend. I was able to maintain my own pace and the 60k and 900m of climbing, went by almost too fast! Thanks to Montefusco Cycling, it was a great trip to Girona and i will most certainly come back again and book more time with them to explore even more!

Date of experience: April 2017

Thank you very much for your review. Girona cycling is amazing, and we have great guides there!!

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Claudio was very knowledgable, had the right mix of professionalism and fun. Knows the area and where to get a good coffee. We enjoyed the route, saw some beautiful views of the city, we will definitely be back again!!!

Date of experience: February 2017

Thank you very much for your review. My pleasure to guide you to the best roads around Barcelona!

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Claudio met us at our hotel exactly at 9:00 as promised and took us to a calmer area of the city along the coast to start our ride. He supplied us with two bikes an Orbea and a BH- Spanish bikes for a ride in Spain. He had pedals to fit our cleats and helmets and tools to fit the bikes for us. We started along the coast then headed towards the hills on a beautiful bike path along the river. I felt very safe on the roads, the drivers were very respectful of cyclists. The road up the mountain/hill to the Basilica was not too tough and the view was incredible. I rode with my son and it was the best. Claudio is fabulous guide speaks very good English Spanish and German. I HEALY recommend him to anyone who wants to go for a great bike ride in a beautiful part of the country

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Excellent communication online and emails before our trip, replies were very prompt. Claudio was very understanding and clear in his communications. It was very easy to book and pay with instant confirmation.
On the day, Claudio collected our son a few minutes earlier than arranged in his van with the rented high-quality road bike on board, already set up for our son's measurements. Claudio was very pleasant to speak to and we felt confident of the safety of our 16 year old with him. They drove across the city to a start point to avoid some city riding.
Our son loved the cycle ride and was out for 5 hours and was brought back at exactly the time Claudio said. It was a beautiful sunny day even in February but some of the descents would have been tricky in the wet.
Within 2 hours, we had received an excellent video of the route they rode (Tour de France 3D style) and some photos taken at the top of the hill. I would highly recommend this for any keen cyclist. Thanks you so much Claudio, he definitely wants to ride with you again!

Date of experience: February 2017