The hills around Barcelona by roadbike, private tour. Pick up/drop off included.

Book in advance
from
£95.60
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Montefusco Cycling
from £95.60
More Info
from £95.60
More Info
All reviews costa brava road bike cycling experience fantastic ride great route an excellent guide amazing scenery montserrat mountain own pace claudio cyclists bikes falls challenging descents sitges terrain
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 May 2017

I have been to Barcelona quite a few times and I promised myself that my next time I would do something different outside the city itself. Well, I just did that. I went to Girona - a beautiful town center of cycling in Catalonia. Claudio from Montefusco Cycling went out of his way to accommodate my needs which included having an e-bike. He did not have that in his portfolio but went out to add that type of bike to his offering. We did the medieval villages and the Penedes wine region. It was fantastic. If you really want to do something different in your next trip to Barcelona talk to Claudio at Montefusco Cycling. He will accommodate all of your needs for a great outdoor itinerary throughout this beautiful region.By the way, with the e-bike you don't have to worry about hills which become just another easy pedal.

Date of experience: April 2017
CMontefusco, Owner at Montefusco Cycling, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Thank you very much for your kind words! Yes, that was a new experience to have those ebikes, and it was tough leading you in my standard bike, specially uphill!

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

A very nice ride with a really good guide. If i'll go back to the region i will probably contact Claudio again for another ride. I'll strongly recommend it.

Date of experience: May 2017

Thank you very much for your review! Great cycling around Sitges!!

Reviewed 6 May 2017

I have been exposed to many guides over the years from ice climbing in Banff, heli-skiing in Revelstoke, ski mountaineering in France to climbing Denali and I can say that Claudio is a Top Shelf guide! He was full of energy and very kind. He knows the area extremely well as he grew up in Barcelona. The bike I rented was in excellent shape, well maintained and a high tier bicycle. He did everything to make sure it was setup perfectly for me when I arrived. I forgot my pedals and he set me up with shoes and pedals at no extra charge (helps that we wear the same size). I race Cat 1 MTB and Cat 1/2 Cyclocross in the States and he put together a great, challenging training ride for me (55+ miles, 5400+ vertical feet, 3:38 hours). I highly recommend him if you are going to be in Barcelona and need some long training rides with excellent climbing.

Aaron Provance

Date of experience: May 2017

Thank you very much for your kind words! It was a real challenge pacing such a strong rider! Great fun!

Reviewed 25 April 2017

6 of us hired bikes for a day of cycling around Barcelona from Montefusco Cycling and it was perfect. Claudio delivered the bikes as close as possible to our rented apartment, set up the bikes and arranged to pick-up the bikes at the same place once we were finished. The bikes were very good and lovely to ride. At the end of our ride Claudio was waiting for us at the agreed point. It was a completely hassle free experience. I would highly recommend renting bikes from Claudio.

Date of experience: April 2017

Thank you very much for your review! Happy to help you whenever you come back!

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

A perfect 5 hour ride. Challenging but scenic. Claudio is an excellent guide and cycling companion. I will definitely be booking another guided ride with him. Would recommend him most highly.

Date of experience: April 2017

Thank you very much for your review. Great cycling around Sitges and not much traffic... if you know the roads!