Review Highlights
Everything you want in a bike ride plus more!

My boyfriend and I booked 2 bike rides with Montefusco Cycling, Claudio as our guide. We biked the... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Ann O
Great cycling tour around Barcelona

I was looking for somewhere to visit for a long weekend over the winter for some cycling with... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 1 week ago
Markcanary

Recommended experiences in and around Barcelona
from US$109.31
from US$78.23
from US$47.20
from US$102.46
More Info
All reviews road bike costa brava great ride guided ride cycling experience great cycling great company vichy catalan gave a great tour amazing scenery barcelona area an excellent guide starting point penedes region tibidabo mountain day tour tapas
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Claudio is just an awesome person. Before I even showed up in Barcelona I knew I was in good hands. He was easy and clear to communicate with. Even with the Catalonia independence vote going on our ride went great. He was concerned for my safety from the get go, we rescheduled the ride a day later because of the Catalonia independence strike, and when we hit the road he was very clear about how we would ride, and what to expect. Tackling the roads of a major city in a foreign land can be intimidating, but I felt like I was in great hands the entire time.

As well as being a safe rider, Claudio is also a very strong rider! It was great to be lead so effortlessly around the hills of Barcelona. The route he chose was amazing. Great views, challenging climbs and amazing (I mean amazing!) descents, this was the kind of ride you can't wait to tell everyone about.

If you love cycling and want to get out while around Barcelona, contact Claudio. You will get to spend a day with a wonderful person and you will get to ride some amazing roads. Thank you Claudio!

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank adamleecanada
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Top notch bikes, perfect routes and Claudio is great at making sure your ride is excellent. If you are a roadie I highly recommend booking a ride with Claudio.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

We did a 5 day self-guided bike tour from Girona, down the Costa Brava, and ended in Barcelona. Claudio created a fantastic route on scenic, backcountry roads. He recommend great places to stay and lunch stops along the way. The trip was just perfect, and we highly recommend using Claudio for your next bike tour!

Date of experience: August 2017
2  Thank KTletsgo
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Had a fantastic guided ride through the city and hills around Barcelona. Claudio met me with a bike at my hotel. He was very flexible with the time as I wanted to start at 7:00 AM so I could spend lunch with my family. The route and bike were perfect. If you are in town even for a short period of time, I would highly recommend booking a bike an tour with Montefusco as I cannot think of a better way to really see a city than on a carbon road bike.

Thanks Claudio for the great ride, it was one of the highlights of my vacation and I will be back to take another route!

Jeff

Tips:
I brought my own shoes and pedals, but I think they would have provided SPD's pedals if needed.
They provided a helmet, water bottle and water.

Date of experience: July 2017
3  Thank Jeffrey O
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Claudio picked us up from our hotel and had 2 perfect carbon road bikes for us. The fit was great and the route was awesome because of what we got to see. It was definitely a challenge, but the greatest way to see Barcelona.

Date of experience: June 2017