The hills around Barcelona by roadbike, private tour. Pick up/drop off included.

Book in advance
from
£95.95
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Montefusco Cycling
from £95.95
More Info
from £95.95
More Info
All reviews costa brava road bike cycling experience fantastic ride great route an excellent guide amazing scenery montserrat mountain own pace claudio cyclists bikes falls challenging descents sitges terrain
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 April 2018

We took a 40 mile ride with Claudio yesterday in the countryside around Girona, visiting and passing through a handful of medieval villages. First, I started corresponding with him a couple of months ago, as I had questions about shipping bikes, scheduling tours, etc. He was quick to respond, helpful, friendly and informative. He also kept track of when we were coming and sent me an email a few days after we arrived, which prompted us to set up yesterday's trip. He sent us train schedules, met us at the station, equipped us with very nice road bikes (of the frame sizes and pedal types I had given him in advance, then proceeded to take us on a memorable tour of the gorgeous Catalan countryside on a route he obviously knows very well. He was pleasure to cycle with in every way, and we're going to work with him now to set up a longer, self-guided tour using his equipment and help with preparations. He obviously loves Catalonia, loves cycling, and loves making a contribution to other people's time here. If you love cycling yourself, let him be the one to introduce you to this region! And think seriously about his tour around Girona -- not only was it a dreamy ride, but we also went into the medieval old town part of Girona afterward and spent additional hours walking there. Spectacular place and sights and food, and we went home on the last train to Barcelona exhausted but very happy.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank U1378YVjeffb
Reviewed 9 April 2018

After contacting Claudio after renting a bike for delivery to hotel in Montserrat he checked sizing and riding requirements and offered the service of guided ride to get to know the area. As I didn't know what times I'd be riding I couldn't take that option on, so Claudio kindly sent me through some GPX files for rides from my hotel. We arrange for the bike to be dropped off at 9am and sure enough I saw the van pull up at 8:45. On going out to meet Claudio I was greeting by a real friendly guy obviously full of passion for cycling & the area. I was handed a full carbon BH bike with 105 gearing. On the cycling side the routes given were fabulous and the bike was bang on. I would like & hope to be back in the area some time to take Claudio up on some of the guided tours. Thanks for a great service.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Spent three different mornings out on the road this week with Claudio and the cycling was just fantastic, he organized everything perfectly, great bikes, picked me up from my hotel and took me on roads I would never have found by myself. He is great company, and really enthusiastic about both cycling and the region. I would highly recommend him to any cyclist planning a trip to the region who wants to get out on the road with the minimum hassle.

Date of experience: April 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Claudio was an excellent host for me last week. I found him by chance on the internet. He responded quickly and help set up the ride. Claudio friended me on strava to determine what type of ride to provide based on skill set. He picked me up at the hotel, provided a really good bike to use with a water bottle. We Did 4 climbs and covered 50 miles. I could have kept going but sadly had to return to the city for family activities. Claudio is a great cyclist, and very friendly riding companion. If you need someone to ride with in Barcelona with out a doubt Claudio is your guy!

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Claudio is the best! He arrived at my hotel on time with a great machine. He led a terrific ride through the hills overlooking Barcelona. Great climbs, beautiful scenery and cool descents. A wonderful day and highlight of my visit. So much fun. I highly recommend.