The hills around Barcelona by roadbike, private tour. Pick up/drop off included.

Book in advance
from
£95.95
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Montefusco Cycling
from £95.95
More Info
from £95.95
More Info
All reviews costa brava road bike cycling experience fantastic ride great route an excellent guide amazing scenery montserrat mountain own pace claudio cyclists bikes falls challenging descents sitges terrain
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 May 2018

I booked the Costa Brava tour with Claudio and am so glad I did, it was one of the highlights of my trips to Catalonia! Claudio is a great guy, quick to respond on communication, is friendly and speaks English very well. He’s also in good shape so we were able to ride together at a good pace that was challenging and fun for both of us. The route he guided me on is through one of the best cycling spots in the world. He rides safely and ensures that everything is going smoothly for his clients. The next time I’m back in the area I will certainly book another tour with Claudio at Montefusco Cycling. ¡Gracias!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Claudio Picked us up at our apartment promptly at 9am and drove us to the start which down by the beach. The first part was flat with a lot on a biking and running path. Then we crossed the river and we started to climb. We did two climbs both around 6K. The first wasn't so steep just gradual and after we came down we went a little further and then started to climb again. This time it was steeper but it was great. Claudio stayed with my husband and I the whole time. He was great. When we reached the church and amusement park we got a grand view of Barcelona. I was in line for the bathroom up there and met a women from New Jersey. she said

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Highly recommend Claudio and Montefusco cycling. We had two tours with Claudio, he was an excellent guide, bikes were great, the routes we great. We are experienced cyclists and Claudio extended the routes specifically for us. He was super friendly, knowledgeable and great company. The pick up from hotel was so convenient. He took a wide range of people the week we were there, and clearly caters for enthusiasts through to racers!

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Great experience! Like a stage in the Vuelte. Mountain top cobblestone finish next to iconic gothic cathedrals, great climbs, good roads, it has it all. True pleasure riding with Claudio. Provided high quality bike and great route with variety of options

Reviewed 22 April 2018

We took a 40 mile ride with Claudio yesterday in the countryside around Girona, visiting and passing through a handful of medieval villages. First, I started corresponding with him a couple of months ago, as I had questions about shipping bikes, scheduling tours, etc. He was quick to respond, helpful, friendly and informative. He also kept track of when we were coming and sent me an email a few days after we arrived, which prompted us to set up yesterday's trip. He sent us train schedules, met us at the station, equipped us with very nice road bikes (of the frame sizes and pedal types I had given him in advance, then proceeded to take us on a memorable tour of the gorgeous Catalan countryside on a route he obviously knows very well. He was pleasure to cycle with in every way, and we're going to work with him now to set up a longer, self-guided tour using his equipment and help with preparations. He obviously loves Catalonia, loves cycling, and loves making a contribution to other people's time here. If you love cycling yourself, let him be the one to introduce you to this region! And think seriously about his tour around Girona -- not only was it a dreamy ride, but we also went into the medieval old town part of Girona afterward and spent additional hours walking there. Spectacular place and sights and food, and we went home on the last train to Barcelona exhausted but very happy.

1  Thank U1378YVjeffb