“Surviving on a reputation”

Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona
Ranked #185 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Perth, Australia
“Surviving on a reputation”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have stayed in a few Hilton hotels whilst holidaying, but unfortunately in my opinion, this one is surviving on the reputation of the others. Firstly, when we got to our room we discovered it had no in- room safe as all the brochures had advised so we called reception. When we were eventually relocated to another room with a safe we had another surprise. This time the fridge wouldn't open so another call was made to reception to have the problem rectified. The carpets were old and smelly and desperately in need of replacement. The décor could have also done with an upgrade as it was not to the standard of what you would expect for the cash outlay required to stay at a Hilton hotel. The only major plus was the guy who was serving at the bar. He was quite informative about where the best places were to dine and try the traditional foods. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere cheaper, cleaner and possibly closer to the centre of Barcelona.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob M
Enrique A, Director General at Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing you valuable feedback with us. We truly appreciate your opinion as this allows us to continually develop and improve our guests´ experience through our service.

We are particularly sorry to hear that this time; we have not met your expectations and fell short of fulfilling your expectations as a guest. However, we appreciate your feedback and we will take in consideration your comments as this is a good opportunity for us to improve and become better every day.

We hope that despite your disappointed on this occasion, we really hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona in the near future, whereby we will be able to provide you with the highest level of service for which we are internationally known for!

Guest Service Dept.​

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Muskoka Lakes, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were taking a Disney cruise the following day and this hotel was recommended by Disney...it did not disappoint!! We had the disney bus service right in the hotel (plus a rep to check us in), and had the hop on hop off but stop right around the corner to tour the city, plus the beach right in front! Service was impeccable, food was great and the pool area was beautiful, not to mention a corner suite and vip floor. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: we upgraded to a junior suite and it was well worth it!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest,

We cannot thank you enough for your kind comments regarding your stay to the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona.

Our commitment is to provide the best food, the best service and all the equipment and conditions in perfect order. For that reason, we are truly happy to know we met your expectations and you had a memorable time in Barcelona.

It is an honour to hear you would choose us again, and we look forward welcoming you back soon.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Restaurant is AWESOME!!! I have been missing their Cheese flan ever since I left the hotel. Could be very pricey at peak season, so if you catch it at less than 150 euros a night, book it!!!! Great location. Very close to the beach and there's a mall across the street. Front desk service is great as well.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your stay to the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona.

First of all, I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding our restaurant. I have immediately shared with the relevant manager and he couldn't thank you enough.

We are truly glad to know you had a memorable time and you enjoyed both our service and location.

We look forward welcoming you back soon.

Bad Homburg, Germany
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was one of the worst nights in a hotel. But from the start.

The start was good. A quick check-in and my junior suite (Nr.620) was already ready. Nice suite with a view to the ocean. The hotel is a little bit outside, but near the hotel is metro station. Also tram and bus. One of the hop on hop off buses stops near the hotel. I can’t tell if both bus companies have a bus stop. It’s a short drive with the metro and the tickets are cheap. The metro system is also easy to understand.

After sightseeing I enjoyed the executive lounge. Friendly staff and a nice view to the city. At this time I noticed the music from the beach. It was the Primavera sound festival. At this time the music was not very loud. I also hoped that the music stops something around midnight. This was a failure.

Later the night I was back in my suite. I noticed that the music became louder. I tried to sleep, but no chance. It was getting worse! Sometimes the hotel vibrates of the heavy bass. At 3am I called the reception and ask about how long they play this night/morning. The reception could only tell that they play for some time and that they sent me earplugs. The earplugs help a little bit, but still no sleep.

At breakfast in the executive lounge I asked for a room change, but the only room was a standard room at the 6th floor. I didn’t like the Hilton standard rooms and I was not sure if the next nights were like the last night. So I had to cancel my stay and move to another hotel.

After the stay I had e-mail correspondence with the manager. He told me that they never had complaints about noise of the festival and that it was the first time that the music was too loud. The next days the music was, according to the manager, not so loud.

I can only recommend the hotel, if there is no festival in this area.

Room Tip: Ask whether a festival/concert at the time of your stay. It might me noisy!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LTobias
Dear guest,

I am truly sorry to hear that this time; we have not met your expectations and fell short of fulfilling your expectations as a guest. We would be incredibly grateful if you would give us another opportunity to change your opinion and to show you that your feedback has been heeded.

I really hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona in the near future, whereby we will be able to provide you with the highest level of service for which we are internationally known for!

Guest Service Dept.​
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my family age 12 and 10..gorgeous modern hotel,brilliant buffet breakfast close to beach has a pool too ..easy to get about ...would defo go back !! Staff very friendly and helpful ! A must is open top bus tour it was a great way of seeing the city and the sights !!!The nou camp was brilliant if u love footie it's a must ,we took kids to a match we booked our tickets when we got there as it was cheaper ..wonderful trip..Barcelona truly amazing!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Adele F
Enrique A, Director General at Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona during your visit to the city, as well as for giving us your opinion through Trip Advisor.

We are truly happy to know you had an overall great experience both in Barcelona and our hotel. It is particularly pleasant to hear you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the pool area. Our commitment is to provide a memorable experience to all our guests.

We truly hope welcoming you back soon!

Kind regards,

Long Beach, California
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here with my partner earlier in February of this year while he was on a business trip. I was left to act as the tour guide for 5 other spouses. The hotel has great views of the city and the waterfront. It is very conveniently close to a large mall across the street, the ocean to the west and to public transportation Rail and Tram. The restaurant on the 2nd floor was great but was a bit too pricey for your average guest, in my opinion but as a contingent of the conference it was great. I can easily suggest this hotel. The bar in the lobby was awesome and the bartender every night knew how to treat our group to a night cap.

Room Tip: Rooms on the West side have the Ocean view but on the North and South sides you get a view of both o...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sean r
Enrique A, Director General at Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience to the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona. It is an honour to receive such a positive feedback.

We are glad to know you enjoyed our peaceful location close to the beach during your stay, as well as the Brisa restaurant and the lobby's bar.

We truly look forward welcoming you back soon.

new york
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Recently stayed at the Hilton Diagonal Mar in Barcelona for a few nights. Location was very convenient and felt "safe." I did not feel uncomfortable walking around the area at night, and the hotel is very close to the metro. Hotel was clean and comfortable, and found staff very helpful. Would highly recommend to anyone travelling to Barcelona.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EBtravelreview
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion with us. It is an honour to receive such a positive feedback, thank you.

We are particularly glad to hear you found our team members helpful. They commitment is to provide the best food, the best service and all the equipment and conditions in perfect order. For that reason, I truly appreciate your review.

I am also happy to know you had a good impression of our cleanliness and you found the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona safe and convenient located.

I hope welcoming you back soon.