Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona
US$214
US$286
US$245
3,243 results
All reviewsthe executive loungemall across the streetdiamond membersea viewpool areamediterranean seaconvention centerlobby barcorner roomhigh floortapastourist bushop on hop off busmodern hoteljunior suitemetro stationsagrada familia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Very clean, spacious room, nice breakfast. Close to Camp Nou and many shopping malls. Very beautiful neighborhood with an open-space bar. However hotel was rowdy with so many cabin crew at the reception and lobby area, which is non issue when you are in your room.

Room Tip: Very noisy and crowded lobby area filled with crew
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Enrique A, Director General at Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay to the Hilton hotel.

Our commitment is to provide the best service, the best food an all the equipment and conditions in perfect order. For this reason, we are glad to know we have met your expectations, thank you very much.

We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I cannot fault the Hilton Diagonal Mar for anything. All our requests were met with a solution, the bedroom nice and spacious, as well as being very comfortable. Added bonus is the beach and shopping mall are only minutes way by walking. I will definitely come back here if I return to Barcelona.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Enrique A, Director General at Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear guest,

We cannot thank you enough for your kind comments to the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona. It is an honour to hear you will choose us again, thank you very much.

Our commitment is to provide the best service, the best food and all the equipment and conditions in perfect order. For this reason, we are truly glad to know we have met your expectations and you had an excellent stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel is very close to the CCIB. We were attending a conference there and that is why we chose it. However, I am no very glad we did. It is by no means close to the city center, so if you are the touristy type it might be a little out of the way -- almost a 40min into town on the subway. Taxi would be about 15mins. There are a few good places in and around the hotel for sight-seeing. The aquarium being one and ofcourse the famous Barcelona beaches.

The shopping and food at the Diagonal Mar shopping center across the street was very good and decently priced. The Italian place, La Tagliatella, serves excellent food -- well prepared and very fresh ingredients. Also, enjoyed the Natural Kebap place inside the shopping center.

As to the hotel, the staff was very friendly and attentive. The free wifi is a little tough. Only works well in the lobby. I did find a spot in my room where the connection was pretty good. The pool although extremely busy is kept very clean. Really, like the idea of a separate pool for kids. The room was a nice size and yes the AC was one of the best I have had in a hotel. Quiet and very comfortable.

All in all a great hotel -- nice getaway. Will visit again if I have the chance.

Room Tip: If you can afford it get the seaview on the high floor. Absolutely wonderful -- a zen feeling.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Enrique A, Director General at Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion with us. It is a pleasure to hear you had an overall great experience to the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona.

Our commitment is to provide the best service, the best food and all the equipment and conditions in perfect order. For this reason, we are truly happy to receive such a positive feedback regarding your stay. It is particularly pleasant to hear you found our team members friendly and attentive. They are always available to provide an excellent service, and we can see they have met your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I loved very much this hotel and always stayed while visiting Barcelona. Always. Because of location, shopping mall and of course sea. But this time I was not welcomed here.
As a HHonors gold member I have a privilege to use the Executive lounge and I love this place especially at Hilton Diagonal Mar, one of its best feature it is a view, it is 15th floor and you can see all the city. The gorgeous view.
During the check in I was denied the access to Executive Lounge just because it is over-crowded. I was shocked, really. I was working for a long time at Ernst and Young and I couldn't imagine that we can deny the service to our client just because we have a lot of clients. I travel a lot, and I am always loyal to companies I use, as an example Delta lounges in Atlanta, JFK, Boston, LA are always over-crowded and I was never denied the access!!! Every company or business is always happy when the business is booming and do all effort to serve and hold loyal customers.
As a gold member I have a breakfast at the Executive lounge, not this time. I was proposed to take my Continental breakfast at the bar, ground floor. Believe me it was not continental breakfast. Couple pieces of bread, some cereal and some meat. When we tried to take a place to sit, the barman said that the place, we choosed, was reserved and the others were dirty and not cleaned. After this we just left.
I am always loyal to Hilton, when I travel in USA or worldwide first I check the availability of Hilton hotels (or sisters) and only IF it is unavailable or there is no Hilton brand hotels I stay at IHG, SPG or ever Accor hotels. But my first choice is always Hilton.
But today my loyalty was heavily damaged.
I like personal services and also love to receive every time welcome messages from the management, this time the receptionist opened this my personal envelope, checked what was in there and throw in the trash some piece of paper. I think this is so unprofessional and unethical because if this is for me, only me, I can decide what to put in the trash. Maybe there are some information which maybe important for me.
If I could I'd rather to stay at another hotel, but it was prepaid.
I think this is my last stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Umrikhin

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We are truly sorry to hear that this time; we have not met your expectations and fell short of fulfilling your expectations as a guest. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused during your stay. Our team will contact you to provide appropriate explanations.

Again, we are truly sorry. The last thing we want is to lose your trust in us. We would be incredibly grateful if you would give us another opportunity to change your opinion and to show you that your feedback has been heeded.

We really hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona in the near future, whereby we will be able to provide you with the highest level of service for which we are internationally known for!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Señor Enrique Aranda (Manager): My husband and I recently stayed at your hotel for 3 nights. First, I have to congratulate your front desk staff Alexandra, Marc, Nuria and an Italian born young lady, (sorry can't remember her name) for their excellent customer service, they are an asset to your hotel. They were very helpful and eager to help me out when questions and concerns did arise. Also, your bell boys, Guillermo y Xavier were very helpful and friendly towards us. Gave me advise and recommendations when asked and helped us get a taxi when we needed it. But with regards to amenities provided many things could be improved. Internet connection was very slow at the majority of times, when wanted to research local places for sightseeing, tried to send emails to our family and coworkers abroad to keep them inform of our stay in Barcelona and unfortunately they didn't receive them, had to wait until I got to the airport lounge to send them! Had the pleasure to meet Martha (housekeeping staff) when she brought us an ice bucket we needed for ice, she did apologized for not having a lid for the bucket, which it was ok. It was nice to have an ice machine right there on our floor because we use ice quite a bit. The room that we were assigned at first had a strong Smoking odor, came to find out that your hotel has a non-smoking policy at the rooms. Need to monitor that it would not happen again to another guest. Had to switch rooms with other guests that were traveling with us. Special group breakfast hall sat up for our group on the 1st floor staff was really nice, although they asked both my husband and I if we were part of the group, because they thought that we were not, because we looked different (found it kind of funny). Mini bar door locked on us, had to call front desk and they send message to housekeeping I think, and eventually it did open. Should have a better system in place because it was very inconvenient for us who use the mini bar all the time. Loved the air conditioning system in the room we stayed at, superb! We lived in the midwest (USA) where it gets very cold in the winter and very hot in summer time so we like it very cold. Had trouble with TV in room and although your staff quickly send a repair man unfortunately he could not speak any English. Because I wasn't in the room at that time to be able to translate to my husband what he was saying, we had to figure it out ourselves. Otherwise, hotel seem very clean, spacious to room about even though large group of people were there. Elevators worked kind of slow. Housekeeping staff cleaned room way to fast and forgot to replace soap and other amenities needed. Need to improve in this area to avoid further problems.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank reinamaga3
Enrique A, Director General at Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your informative review. We are pleased to hear you had an overall good stay to the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona.

First of all, we have to say that all your comments make sense and we are already working to analyse and redirect all what has been unsatisfactory for you in order to improve the service and avoid this kind of incidents in the future.

On the other hand, we are happy to know you had such a positive impression of our team members. They are always available to provide an excellent service, and we can see they have met your expectations. We have immediately shared with them your positive feedback, thank you very much.

I really hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future, whereby we will be able to provide you with the highest level of service for which we are internationally known for!