“They got everything right”

Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona
Ranked #180 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“They got everything right”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We loved staying here. My sons and I shared a junior suite and it was a very enjoyable holiday. We wouldn't have normally opted for a suite but it was a great deal through the agent. We had the use of the executive lounge, which was helpful for wi-fi, but also for being able to drop in for snacks and drinks. The executive rooms really are very nice, although the suite was a little tired. It did have everything one might need though from a facilities point of view and some things that weren't needed, like an extra large, flatscreen TV. The hotel is in good order throughout, served an a very good selection for breakfast and had a very relaxed bar area. The pool set up was lovely with lots of loungers and also plenty of shades and shaded areas. The pool bar was a nice to have and the pool side restaurant served good food. The proximity of the hotel to the beach meant you can do door to beach in 6 or 7 minutes and you're only 5 minutes away from the metro. Across the road there's a large shopping centre and includes many places to eat. This is very much in keeping with my expected experience of Hilton and I'd recommend it, unless you want to be at the centre of night life.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms have a seen view so it's worth checking to try to get one of these. There is f...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Enrique A, Director General at Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very for taking the time to share your opinion with us. We are pleased to know you had a great stay to the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona.

Our commitment is to provide the best food, the best service and all the equipment and conditions in perfect order. Fort his reason, we are truly happy to receive your positive feedback. It is also pleasant to know you enjoyed our location close to the beach and your suite's sea views.

We truly hope to welcome you back soon.

Guest Service Dept.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed here for 1 night and it is a great hotel in a great location. The hotel is very clean, well run and offers a good range of facilities. Room are spacious with usual Hilton facilities and the bathroom is well equipped. The Executive lounge has a great balcony and is very comfortable for having breakfast and drinks, although be warned it does get busy at night and closes late morning for an hour for cleaning.

Location wise it is opposite a great shopping centre with loads of places to eat, the beach is a 5 minute walk and there are plenty of taxis around.

All in all, great value and highly recommended.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are truly pleased to know you had an excellent stay to the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona.

Our commitment is to provide the best food, the best service and all the equipment and conditions in perfect order. For this reason, we are happy to know we have met your expectations. Thank you very much for your positive review.

It will be an honour to welcome you back soon.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Let me start with the good. This hotel is beautiful and the rooms have great city and/or ocean views. With that being said, I stay at Hilton hotels for work several times a week, year round, and have stayed at them from Argentina to Croatia and they have all had pristine service, until I stayed at the Hilton Diagonal Mar. I personally wouldn't ever stay here again but for some clientele that aren't using the services provided this still might be the place for you. Upon checking in I was lauded for having the highest reward status possible but told I couldn't use any of the facilities until I was given a key. At breakfast, the food was still out but when I went to fill up my plate I was told that I couldn't get food because breakfast had closed. At the pool I was told I could only get one towel. If they can figure out good service in argentina than I am sure Barcelona can do the same. As I said before, a lot of these nuances may not affect some people but next time I am in Barcelona I will be staying somewhere else!

Room Tip: The rooms all seem to have excellent views.
Green Features: I don't have ant comment or knowledge of this.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 33Drew
Enrique A, Director General at Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear guest,

We would like to apologise for all the inconveniences suffered during your stay. We are truly sorry to know you had such a bad impression of our service. Please, accept our deepest apologies. You are a very valuable guest for us not only because we have had the honour to have you, but because you are a Diamond card holder. The last thing we want is to lose your trust in us.

We have considered all your comments like a constructive criticism and in this sense, we have to thank you for letting us know your concern and your point of view about your experience during your stay. Our commitment is to provide the best service, the best food and all the equipment and conditions in perfect order, for this reason we feel sad knowing that we have not been able to fulfil your expectations. Your comments will of course be forwarded to the relevant management for their attention.

We hope that despite your disappointed on this occasion, we really hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona in the near future, whereby we will be able to provide you with the highest level of service for which we are internationally known for!

Kind Regards,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have just spent a lovely anniversary weekend at this hotel, I will be coming back next year with my older children we loved the location and my daughter will love the large shopping mall over the road,the hotel was very busy wile we were there and I agree about the sunbed situation, people were placing towels down and not going on the beds till late afternoon ,this should not be allowed ,but I will say the staff are really nice and did bring in some extra beds,also in breakfast I did see a lot of people taking large amounts of food and loading bags up to take away,I really don't get this! And this is not the hotels fault ,I will be back to this hotel and would recommend to other family members .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 17members
Enrique A, Director General at Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments to the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona. It is an honour to hear you will come back next year.

It is particularly pleasant to know we have met your expectations during your anniversary. Our commitment is to provide the best service, the best food and all the equipment and conditions in perfect order. For this reason, we would like to thank you for your positive feedback.

Even though your kind comments, we assure you that we will take in consideration your suggestions in order to become better.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

1. I will never understand why a hotel such as Hilton makes you pay for internet. 25 Euros per day?!!!
2. Everything little thing in this Hotel is costly. A KitKat Bar is 5.85 Euros! Even a phone call was less expensive than that at 5 euros!
3. Staff are Professional but they lack emphaty. All behaviours are automated for maximum revenue intake. Everything you ask any member of the staff will prompt a response based on financial revenue and/or something you have to pay for.
4. I'm took an executive room but even the bed was bad. Instead of being a super king size bed it was a double single bed (less expensive to buy I guess)
5. The airconditioning was making strange noises.
6. The elevators were crowded and sometimes you had to wait more than 5 minutes to get one!
7. I have not have the opportunity to go to the reception and not have to wait for 10' to be attended. They are just too crowded despite sometimes having 4 people there.
8. The reception manager was very arogant.
9. I took a room with partial rivers views and they gave me a wrong room (apparently whne thy asked if I prefered to have city views instead I said yes!).
10. The bathroom was a little dirty.
11. One of the complimentary cakes in the executive room was eaten!

Green Features: The hotel is close to a Shopping center with restaurants.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RodM111
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We truly appreciate your opinion as this allows us to continually develop and improve our guests´ experience through our service.

I am truly sorry to hear that this time; we have not met your expectations and fell short of fulfilling your expectations as a guest.

First of all, we would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we offer free internet service to all our Gold and Diamond Hilton Honnors members as one of their benefits. If you are already member you will upgrade your status adding nights to your account, if not we really invite you to become a member and to start getting points. You will find more information in our web. Otherwise, in the public areas you will find free WIFI.

We are truly sorry to hear you had such a bad impression of your Executive Room and the hotel overall. We will take in consideration your comments as a good way to become better.

We would be incredibly grateful if you would give us another opportunity to change your opinion and to show you that your feedback has been heeded.

We really hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona in the near future, whereby we will be able to provide you with the highest level of service for which we are internationally known for!

Twickenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Staying here with my two children this was a truly fantastic hotel. The room was well appointed and a second extra bed was brought immediately to the room on request. The view from the room, over the Diagonal Mar centre was dramatic, and the centre itself very convenient, with many shops and a large supermarket inside. The terrace opposite the hotel with a range of restaurants was also very welcome.

Breakfast at the hotel was wonderful - a massive range of produce and drinks and incredibly attentive, helpful staff.

The pool area was well kept, clean and well staffed, and the cocktails at the pool bar (virgin and normal) were lovely.

Will definitely return, and would note the little touches like the cleaners putting my children's bears in funny places on the made beds, and the free lollipops downstairs in the morning were all most welcome.

The location of the hotel is fabulous. Close to the beach and playparks, the Museum Blau which is incredible and the tram stop Maresme as well as metro El Maresme Forum. The shopping centre is great on your doorstep and there are taxis available outside whenever needed.

I think the only addition would be a complementary airport shuttle bus.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments to the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona. It is a pleasure to receive such a positive feedback.

We are truly happy to know you had an excellent stay and you will choose us again. Thank you very much! Our commitment is to provide the best service, the best food and all the equipment and conditions in perfect order. For this reason, it is an honour to hear we have met your expectations.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is about 35€ in a taxi from the airport which takes about 20 minutes. It is about 10€ in a taxi to most location in the city and there are also bus, tram and metro stops nearby. The hotel is next to a large shopping centre with a good selection of restaurants and 5 minutes from a popular beach. The hotel is the usual Hilton large modern high rise affair but the higher floors offer great views over the sea and city. Evening drinks on the Executive terrace were a particular treat. The room was well appointed and comfortable although it is still frustrating that unlike Holiday Inn, Hilton continue to charge for WI fi in the room. The pool was very nice although it was extremely busy at times with insufficient chairs for all the guests. As the hotel got busier throughout the stay, service suffered with amenities not replaced in the room and long waits for the lifts. Overall it was a good experience during what is probably peek season.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your informative review. We are happy to know you had an overall great experience.

We are truly glad to hear you enjoyed our location close to the beach, as well as our sea & city views.

Even though your kind comments, we will take in consideration your suggestions in order to become better and improve even more our guests' experience. Thank you very much!