“holiday in barcelona”

Alberguinn Sants Youth Hostel
Ranked #141 of 735 Speciality Lodging in Barcelona
Reviewed 2 May 2012

a very beautiful hostel. All the rooms were clean (bathrooms and beds) and the staff was very helpfull.The kitchen had everything you want and there was a good internet connection.When we went every evening before the dinner the staff prepare a different kind of drink for all the people.....it was very nice!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I was in Barcelona for three nights and booked this hostel because it was close to the Sants Train Station; it by far exceeded my expectations! Immaculately clean, spacious, warm, friendly, quiet dorms and incredibly comfortable, this hostel provides everything you could possibly need during a stay in Barcelona. It's perfectly positioned close to the station, easily accessible, on a friendly street, and close to a metro station which is on the same line as all the major attractions of the city centre. Staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, I had absolutely nothing planned/researched because my trip was last-minute, but staff explained everything and answered all my questions so well that I didn't need to. Highlights: 1) the best sangria I've ever had was made by staff at the hostel on Saturday night for the residents, and 2) I had to leave early on Tuesday morning and one of the staff (Leo) got up and made sure breakfast was ready an hour early so I could get something to eat before I left! Would definitely stay there again and I highly recommend it, you will love it!

Room Tip: If you need a good night's sleep go for a female-only dorm (if you're a female traveller, ob...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed here for one night on my way to San Sebastian at the beginning of March 2012. The staff seemed quite friendly and helpful, and the hostel amenities were clean. The kitchen was great! Although the provided bed sheets had clearly been washed and pressed, there were still visible stains on them. In addition, the warmer blanket provided had crusty stains on it and had obviously not been cleaned in a while. This appeared to be the case with most of the blankets I spotted. The surrounding area of the hostel seemed pretty lively, and it is super close to a main train station which would be useful because it's not overly close to any of Barcelona's main attractions or streets. I ended up spending 4 days in Barcelona a week later, and chose to stay in an area much closer to the sites; I prefer to walk as much as I can, rather than take public transportation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Alberguinn, Owner at Alberguinn Sants Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Dear Customer,
Thanks for your nice comments about our property ;)
I would like to apologise for any unconfortable situation with our blankets.
We provide free bed linen but it is true that some customers do not want to make their beds and use the blankets directly without linen. We try to avoid this to happen and also we check blankets every morning to spot any dirtyness or bad smell.
I believe your bed was not checked properly and if only you had told us we would have changed it straight away.
We will be much more careful with that, thanks for the information and I hope you can visit us again soon.
Laura
Owner of Alberguinn Hostel

Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed at the Alberguinn for 2 nights, and it was really great. The staff are very helpful and friendly, going out of their way to make sure that guests are comfortable.

The whole place is spotlessly clean, and the bedrooms are spacious and warm. The only downside of the bedrooms was that there wasn't really an assigned place to put luggage but next to the beds; the lockers were rather small.

Breakfast of juice, bread, coffee and cereals was included, and the fast wifi was good.

Location-wise, it was great for me as it's just 10min walk from the Estacion Sants, but for sightseeing itself, the metro is necessary as it's about a 30-40min walk to La Rambla. There isn't much in the Estacion neighbourhood to see, but there are cafes, shops and a few supermarkets around.

However, overall, it was a really nice stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank JonnoCity
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Has been here on October for an event organised in barcelona. the hostel is in very good position and is near Plaza Espagna or very near metro station. Nicolas was very kind and helped us very much for everything. the place is clean and quite. very secure. it was very social place with breakfast wifi etc. we enjoyed very much the staying here.... we recommend to youth travelers

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Went to Barcelona for a few days and this couldn't be a better hostel. Close to Sants station, close to Camp Nou, free breakfast, free lockers, free wi-fi, helpful staff - brilliant.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Loved this hostel. I stayed here alone, and there was a friendly, social atmosphere as a lone traveler. I stepped out to the nearby market and bought some snacks. I also ventured into the city after walking around the area. Very close to the train station, which was great as I was only in town for the night, coming from the airport.

Room Tip: A little noisy at night, but there were a few of us with early flights that managed to get some slee...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo