“Training course”
Review of INOUT Hostel

INOUT Hostel
Ranked #420 of 738 Speciality Lodging in Barcelona
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I went there for a training and I can say that it is perfect for this purpose. The hostel is far away from city centre but there is a metro stop down the hill near by. Bedrooms were comfortable and very clean, same as bathrooms. Staff members are really helpful and friendly. Highly recommended!!!!! What I like the most is that they employ disabled people!!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Iguazel U

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great service, and value for money.
Me and my girlfriend stayed there for almost a week and we loved it!
The Price includes a very decent breakfast, which you can enjoy under the sun on the terrace.

The best part, is that this Hostel is an NGO, and they help people with special needs, who work here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I took a school group to this hostel and had a fantastic time, The rooms were spotless and spacious. The location was beautiful and a convenient train journey to the centre ( The train journey costs 1.50 and trains always had lots of seats and journey was 20/30 min door to door to plaza catalunya )

We had evening meals which were excellent value and very tasty. The location is beautiful surrounded by pine forests but just minutes from the metro.

The thing that stood out was the care taken by the staff to look after us. As an example one of our group had left a camera on the train. The guy on reception took time to sort this out phoning lost property with the details. On our final day as we were sitting down for our meal a few hours before leaving for the airport we received an email that the camera had been located I went in to the centre to pick up the camera , when I met the group again my meal had been packed up for me to eat at the airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MaestroPaul
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I am writing this review a bit late (I travelled in 2010 July), but thought it deserves one. When I got to Barcelona, the trip to InOut was a difficult one. No one to blame, but all my shopping in Europe. The walk uphill made me think if I made a wrong decision. But on getting there, I felt it was totally worth it! Instead of staying in the noisy tourist area of Barcelona, this place is a train ride away; and into a place that is JUST awesome. The whole area of the hostel is in the midst of a forest, zero noise, and the people I met in my shared dorm were just great.
The common room, the breakfast area, and the rooms themselves all look out into the beautiful forest. Everywhere one gets the feel of living in a resort; only, its not so expensive. I would suggest anyone visiting Barcelona to avoid living in the hustle bustle of the city centre and stay in this calm and relaxing place. There is so much space for a morning jog, or an evening outing.
The staff are very friendly, the breakfast (included in the room charge) was very good with a range to choose from, the rooms were very clean, and the location is just something to boast about!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I've been in this hostel several times.
It's really cheap for what you get. (Although you need to bring your sheets or rent them there) Nice surroundings, quiet and safe atmosphere, good included breakfast in the price. I really enjoyed the breakfast in their terrace looking at the gorgeous valley with forest.
Families have 4 beds bedrooms too and I think it's a good place for kids if you just want to chill out in their garden while they are playing around.
It's 20' by train from Plaça Catalunya, in Vallvidrera, one of the wealthiest neighborhoods of Barcelona (Many big houses with garden in this area). Not so good if you want to go party, last train around 0:00.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hoihe
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

The hostel is situated far from the center but this is what it makes it so special! Placed in the forest, uphill, with some animals around, always fresh air, and welcoming stuff! Nice pool and wi-fi in the lobby. Great for quite time-spending and a great place to make friends with other travelers. Just 20 minutes to Placa Catalunya. But when you leave try to make sure you have everything with you as if you forgot something running uphill might be tiring ;)))) The last train from the center leaves at 12 at night, that is why try not to miss it. We did and paid 23 euro for the taxi cab to get to the hostel. Also you need to pay for a towel (1euro) and set of sheets (2euro) if you are in need for it. 10 euro deposit for a key that is given back to you when you are leaving. We enjoyed our staying there!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This affordable hostel in the hills outside of Barcelona deserves it's high rating. The facilities are nicely spread out over a few buildings, Reception + rooms, Restaurant + Rooms, Pool / Rec-room + rooms and just more rooms. The 14 bed room between the pool and the kids recreation room felt private when I was in my bunk and social the rest of the time.

Mind you there is some bad with the good. Although everything is well-maintained and the pool was very clean, they don't tell you about the Wild Hogs for example! Haha, yes there are a half dozen or so Wild Boar or Wild Hogs living in the surrounding woods who visit the premisses regularly. An old mother sow and her two piglets were visitors to the patio in front of my room often, they walk the forest trails between the buildings in the evening in search of grub. They are harmless and in quiet moments will stare at you in a way that says, I would never charge or harm you but don't get too much closer please. I suggested to the Hostel management that the garbage bins be modified in such a way that the Boars can't spill the garbage on to the ground so easily. I still wonder if the Hogs would seem so content and healthy without the supplements provided by visitors.

Staff and management are quick to respond to any problem you may have at the hostel and it was nice to meet the faculty at a special musical dinner event. (€9 for a 3 course dinner, bread, wine, coffee, music and "rom cremat" included.) The hostel also hosts occasional weddings, birthdays, and caters to larger groups of chaperoned school aged kids. The regular guests are travellers of all ages and nationalities and there are plenty of opportunities to mingle and socialize if you choose.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo