Paid for a double room with shared bathroom and kitchen--excellent value for such nicely built accommodations. Didn't feel like a hostel so much as a hotel, except for the front desk and entrance. Must buzz in downstairs and make your way up, ring a buzzer again to get in. The woman at check in was a bit sullen and abrupt but not extraordinarily so and not to the point of being rude. The room was clean, had a balcony, and had nice floors and doors, almost a rustic feeling. The bathroom was nicely designed and decorated; kitchen was stocked with items for cooking and was also clean. One almost drawback: the enclosed balcony had a wall only three quarters to the ceiling, in effect being open to the neighboring balconies as well. Not a privacy issue if you close the doors to the balcony, but when the neighbors smoke (as at least one did during my stay) the smell will enter your room.
It is a few minute walk to the metro so could be convenient for seeing the rest of Barcelona. Borders an almost dodgy neighborhood, not suitable for the timid, but if you don't go on the side streets it is not an issue. Many interesting bars and restaurants in the vicinity. I felt comfortable at Paraiso and would stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well-placed in the sightseeing, culture, restaurants area of Barcelona city, Paraiso Hostel provides a most conducive spot for you to take a break from your busy days. Situated in the city center, guests are well located to enjoy the town's attractions and activities. For those of you who want to venture out, Sant Antoni MArket, MACBA Museum, and the Old Port are just some of the attractions available to visitors.There are two subway stations that allow you to access all the others: Paral-lel (L3, Green) and San Antoni (L2, Violet).At Paraiso Hostel, every effort is made to make guests feel comfortable. To do so, the hotel provides the best in services and amenities. To name a few of the hotel's facilities, there are laundry service/dry cleaning, safety deposit boxes, elevator, Wi-Fi in public areas, tours.Our large bright common room includes a huge LCD Satellite TV featuring channels in French, English, Spanish, German and Italian and a wide selection of DVDs. There is also 24 hour Internet access and free Wireless access if you bring your laptop!In addition, all guestrooms feature a variety of comforts such as television, shared bathroom, satellite/cable TV, desk, shower to please even the most discerning guest. Besides, the hotel's host of recreational offerings ensures you have plenty to do during your stay. Paraiso Hostel is your one-stop destination for quality hotel accommodations in Barcelona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Paraiso Travellers Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paraiso Travellers Hotel Barcelona
- Paraiso Travellers Hostel Barcelona, Catalonia