“BEST HOSTEL”

Ranked #112 of 754 Speciality Lodging in Barcelona
Los Angeles, California
“BEST HOSTEL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

The staff at this hostel are beyond amazing. They're friendly and truly care about making you feel comfortable. They are always willing to help you with anything you need and will even go out of their way to do so. My friend and I stayed here while we looked for an apartment and we loved it so much that we go back every week to visit. Best hostel I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Arriving to the Albergue Hostel, I was quickly greeted by a very pleasant, and courteous host. Within moments, I was given detailed walk through of the various common rooms, showers, washrooms, kitchen etc... A very modern design with great common rooms (3 with couches/chairs/plug-ins/WiFi access etc...) There is a room outfitted with computers that are always available for use. The hostel has great panoramic photos highlighting areas of Barcelona.

The front desk has staff 24/7 with excellent information for local events/restaurants/tapas/and travel information, and recommendations; this made my stay much easier to see the best of Barcelona.

Each night the Hosts would inform the guests of a local bar/restaurant/club that we would be going to as a group should you choose. All of our entrance fees were covered at all times, and we could skip the line at any bar or club we came to.

A few hosts really gave a personal touch to add to the unique, friendly atmosphere. Renatto, Mikel, and Danny. All were quite the characters, who had exceptional hospitality skills to make you feel at home. Renatto would always ensure that guests were happy, and enjoying themselves. I really felt like I was part of a community there. This group of staff was easily the most memorable I have seen at any hostel I have been to.

I highly recommend this hostel for a great time, excellent staff, and a very warm atmosphere. I will be returning without a doubt!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

This is, by far, the best hostel I've ever been to. I've been around Europe for the past 5 months and I had such an amazing time. I went last week and Barcelona is usually a summertime city. With the pub crawls run by the staff each night, plus joining up with the other hostels, they made the nights in Barcelona some of the best nights in Europe. Thanks to an awesome staff, comfortable rooms, and huge lockers, I felt comfortable, safe, and had a great time! Definitely have to go back!

Also, if you're alone, this is a great place to go. It's so easy to meet friendly young people from all over the world.

Room Tip: I liked the 6 bed. no one was in it, so I had the room to myself for 2 of the nights.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Sant jordi alberg has been my favorite hostel (and my boyfriends) so far in all of Europe! Having already spent 3 nights in Barcelona, I had planned to only spend 3 nights here which turned into 5- and I wish I could have stayed longer!!! To start- the staff are more than amazing! They go out of their to way to make you feel welcome, give you extensive advice on where to eat, shop, see, party, and help you meet other people in the hostel. It's pretty hard not to- there are often dinners hosted every night (cooked by renato- amazing) pub crawls to awesome bars and night clubs (request the shot bar), a common room where you can just hang out and watch movies- up to you! It is a party hostel so it's cool to have that option to go out with everyone, see the night life of the city- and the staff party just as hard- but there is also the option to stay at "home" and hang out. The kitchen facilities were awesome and the la ramblas markets were nearby (15 min walk) to grab yourself fresh food to cook for cheap. Our room also was super clean, not the most comfortable bed in the world, but nothing to complain about. Highly reccomend!!!!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Tayking
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Sant Jordi have a great team if staff. They're friendly, approachable and knowledgeable.

This hostel is perfect for those of you wanting to get out and experience Barcelona's nightlife and socialise with others on their nightly bar crawls.

Unfortunately we didn't want to party and being way older than the other hostellers in their 20s, we should have read the hostel website's description!!

Those that did the pub crawl got back around 4:30am. Still feeling social they talked and made a racket til 6am before succumbing to sleep although some still walked around slamming doors. In our room a couple of hostellers hooked up during the evening and opposite me were going to do the wild thing until we had a word with them!

We left this hostel but a staff member did try and put things right by offering us a private room off the next night (no
refund). Thank you for trying to address things.

Our advice is stay here if you are a party animal. Our only advice to Sant Jordi is please get your night staff to manage the noise levels.

• Stayed October 2013
Jerusalem District, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

First of all, the hostel had really nice facilities.
But there's so much more to this hostels.
The guys at the reception were extremely nice. A lot above average "nice". And they were also extremely helpful. They helped us with every question we had. They even helped us plan the rest of our trip in Costa Brava (Thanks Tat! :) ).
There are great activities that the hostel initiates. For example, pub crawls. Because Sant Jordi has more than one hostel in barcelona, they join together to a pub crawl which is really nice (meeting new people even outside of the hostel!). And the entrance to the club was free thanks to this pub crawl (which was also free - did I forgot to mention?).
There's dinner almost every day. In the day I've eaten, we got really nice chicken, potatos and salad for only 3 euros (They hostel's reception guys made it themselves).
And with all these activities, it's impossible not to meet new people in the hostel. Which is the best thing you could do in a city you travel in!
By the way, location was excellent, 8 minutes from Catalunya Square (Beginning of La Rambla), 5 minutes to the nearest metro station.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank chainet
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week alone and had a blast every day and night. Perfect for young people trying to make friends and have a great time. The Bar crawls provided by the hostel are very fun. Amazing!!

• Stayed September 2013