AC Hotel Gava Mar
Expo Barcelona
US$286
US$245
  • Pool
All reviewsclose to the airportbarcelona airportresidential areanice poolnice hotelocean viewpool areamediterranean seabusiness hotelminutes from the airportrooms are largeroom servicestayed here for one nightfree wifibusiness tripbottled watermodern design
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed here for 5 days.

The hotel is a current design with spacious rooms and excellent natural lighting. Our rooms faced the pool area and we also had a panoramic view of the beach. This is an excellent location for beach goers.The breakfast service is very good. The presentation and stocking of the buffet is on par with any 4 star hotel.

The outdoor areas are spacious but not well maintained.. The exterior fence blocks the view of the beach and needs urgent attention.

Over the period of our stay we noted that checking in can take about 1hour on average. This is another area that AC Gava Mar is less than average but can be easily improved.

The pool is large and surrounded by comfortable lounge chairs and large shady umbrellas. Beach access is via door beyond the pool. There is a minor road just outside this door so it is important to be vigilant with young ones.

Our stay here was pleasant however, the grounds of this hotel took the review down to 3 stars. There is so much potential that is wasted because of poor landscape maintenance.

I would stay here again though.

Room Tip: choose a first floor room facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SupaDupaTrini
Reviewed 20 August 2013

OK, I really want to give this hotel a better review, but I just cannot. It is indeed a good location, the interior is clean and modern, and is steps to the beach. But there appears to be an overall lack of concern for the property by the staff. This is NOT a hotel that should really be considered as an authentic Marriott property (for US travelers, think an average Courtyard and not a beachfront resort). I sensed a lack of management care, for the pool area was not properly tended, there was a severe lack of pool chairs and lounges, the room shower pulsed hot and cold water, and the wait staff (inside and outside) was alternatively good and mediocre, depending on who assisted you. Housekeeping was very slow, and when I left my "Make Up Room" placard on the door when I left at 0930, I fully expected my room to be attended to prior to my return at 15:30, but it was not to be. To be fair, the front desk staff was most helpful and courteous, assisting with directions, recommendations, and taxis. In sum, I expected more for anything attached to the Marriott brand, no matter where located (I am a Marriott Platinum Elite)

This is a "Blah" hotel, uneventful and unremarkable. I can expect this lower standard in obscure locations, and I hope that AC and Marriott can turn see the opportunity with this property to be first class and take the necessary action to polish this "diamond in the rough."

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Randy A
Reviewed 18 August 2013

A great hotel, in a great location for spending time relaxing. On the beach just south of the airport. But where's the bar? Restaurant? For all this hotel has to offer it needed to have a bit more for me. But with an easy walk to the beach and a great pool I can overlook some of the other missing pieces.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Although outside of the city this is a great beachfront hotel. Nice gardens and pool. The breakfast buffet is fine although not outstanding. Surprised that it didn't have the outside bar open on a summers evening but there is a great beach bar just a moments walk outside the gate.

We only stayed one night en-route to our holiday villa but enjoyed it. I didn't see an issue with the staff they were quite polite to us.

I would have no problem recommending this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Good location.

The hotel was clean.

The only thing in contra is a staff. We have been a couple of times in this hotel and we can confirm that the staff is not polite nor sympatic. We do not expect this kind of service in a 4 star Marriot hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple