“Awesome”

Ranked #198 of 326 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Surrey, Canada
“Awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

This is an awesome place to stay Arturo is so helpful and full of knowledge of Barcelona, we were a family ( grandma,grandpa, daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter, stayed for three night was a lovely view of the Cathedral and close to everything. The only down fall was all the steps to our apartment no elevator but it was worth it and we needed the excersise!!!!

Thanks Arturo and Joanna

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank holidayer0545

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2008

Spent one week in Barcelona with my family. Would definitely go back to Sagrada Familia Apartments for the comfort and space the apartments provided. The apartments were quiet at night, even if I didn´t think they would be given the location (they are very close to the Sagrada Familia temple). The staff was very friendly and nice.

PROS: Comfort, value, and location (close to Sagrada Familia and metro stops)

CONS: Not on Las Ramblas (we were originally planning to stay on Las Ramblas) but this is compensated by the closeness of the metro stops and the fact that the apartments are in a nice, safe and quiet area.

• Stayed May 2008
3 Thank LJS2008
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2007

I stayed at this B & B last week with my partner and was pleasantly surprised. We didn’t pay a great deal, so we didn’t really expect a great deal in return, and this modern, simple and very convenient inn turned out to be a nice surprise. We took a double economic room, which we were told in advance was smaller than a standard, but found it more than adequate for out needs. The room had clearly been cleaned shortly before our arrival and whilst it was basic, the bed was comfortable, and there was a small cupboard and a wardrobe plus a small balcony. The communal quarters had a modern dining area, an open plan kitchen and a nice comfy sofa, and everyone else we met was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a DIY job, but we rather liked having the freedom to lie in and suit ourselves. I liked the hip, unpretentious vibe at this B & B, and the location was perfect, and very central although dangerously close to too many alluring shoe shops if you ask me!

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DerryDiva
Donostia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2007

Great, cute little place, full of history, and very old but well restored into a very modern, basic but homely inn. We took a standard double room with French doors to a large balcony and our son had an economy double, which was smaller but very clean and also came with a balcony. We all had shared bathrooms, but only with one other room, and I noticed they were cleaned regularly. Towels were provided. I believe got more than we paid for, as there was a living room with cheerful modern decoration, wood floors and a very big sofa, and a kitchen with everything in it and a small dining area and even a washing machine!

Bed and Breakfast is right next to Sagrada Familia – I suggest you get down early though, like at 10am, as the queues at noon were really major. Good connections to centre on the metro – we walked which took half an hour at a slowish speed. Nice area, quite residential and well lit and it felt safe for our 14 year old son to walk around.

• Liked — Comfort and cleanliness
  • Disliked — The queues at Sagrada Familia!!!
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank kierkier
Mississauga,ON,Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2006

My wife and I spent 4 nights at the Segrada Familia B&B. The appartment was shared with two other couples. Fortunately everyone worked together, for an enjoyable stay. Our room was clean, the bed was nothing to write home about. On the day we arrived the bathroom floor was covered in water because the shower has no curtain. The kitchen was fully equiped everything worked but the door on the clothes washer was broken and had to be pried open with a bread knife ,to get clothes in and out. This is definately budget accomodation, in need of a good paint job. However, it is neat and clean.

• Stayed September 2006
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank jtapp457

Travellers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2006

I dont agree with the accuracy of the previous reviews. It is an excellent B&B, good not to be in the centre of a very noisy city and it only took us 10-15 mins to stroll in to the centre of Barcelona.
On the positive side the staff were excellent. The bathroom was very clean and the kitchen for guests make you feel at home.
On the negative side the situation by the Sagrada Familia in an authentic modernist building from 1890, makes that you have to deal sometime with the neigbours.
I would recommend it to everybody!

• Liked — Building, situation
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank edu_suarez
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2006

This property is not nearly as nice as the website pictures make it out to be. The air conditioning was broken in 2 of the 3 rooms. The shower did not have a curtain and water sprayed all over the bathroom when you took a shower. The website states that the room had a window overlooking the street. My room had a view staring striaght at a brick wall and the smell from the alley so so bad that I didn't dare open the window anyway. This coupled with the fact that the air was broken made my stay unpleasant. The management was unhelpful as well. The person that was supposed to let me into the property was late and I was left waiting on the street with all my bags, and there is not even a sign to indicate if you are in the right place. I'm still waiting for a copy of my credit card receipt after 3 months. However, this property is in a decent location-close to restaurants and a Metro stop. So, if you are a backpacker or on a tight budget you could chance it, and hope for better luck than I had.

• Liked — Location & Price
  • Disliked — Service & broken air conditioning
  • Tips/Secrets — Small hidden grocery store right around the corner