Location: great, near all the major sites, the beach is about a 20 minute walk away, and the camp now stadium was easily accessible.
Staff / Service: excellent at all times at the reception, and the city cafe / bar area.
Room 310: was quite nice, we have 2 beds that were supposed to be joined together, once we let the reception know they weren't, they got it sorted quickly. There is draft coming through the window, which is uncomfortable in the night, but i presume this wouldnt be an issue if it wasnt December. English channels including film 4 available, bathroom toiletries were included , theres a kettle in the room, so you could go to convenience store and get some coffee if you wanted. im not too fussed about not having any coffee. the milk for the tea was never refilled, which was a shame but again i think if i asked for it, the staff would have accommodated.
value for money: i booked through travago, and for 3 nights it came to about £415, this includes the full breakfast buffet (served till 11:30 which is great for us!!!!, the selection isnt massive, but it did the job) , and wifi (- not the fastest, but not too bad either infact im writing this review in the hotel using the wifi). we got little bottles of water and chocolate, everyday too.
I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Hotel Central, a home in the heart of Barcelona where the amenities and luxuries of a five-star hotel are combined with a sense of style and elegance. The hotel has a perfect location between the Gothic district with its spectacular Cathedral or the ancient city walls and "el Born". 147 spacious rooms & suites with the best of modern design. Its very famous infinity pool, the Avalon Restaurant where the awarded Chef Ramon Freixa presents affordable cuisine to share with friends, the stylish the City Bar offering all day dining including salads, sandwiches and a wide cocktail menu surrounded by good music in a relaxing atmosphere, the Gallery our art space perfect for private events, the Wellness Suite with its carefully designed treatments, the Thermal Suite that offers a private steam and sauna experience, the well equipped Fitness Center, and a dedicated team who understands your specific requirements for any meeting or event in one of our multiples spaces... All creates a unique lifestyle and fashionable experience with a sense of elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hotel Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Barcelona
- Grand Hotel Central Barcelona, Catalonia
- Grand Central Hotel Barcelona