I chose this hotel because of the great reviews it had on TripAdvisor and I was not disappointed. After a small problem with the room they put us in we were upgraded to another room on the 6th floor with a bottle of cava thrown in.
The hotel is right in the middle of the Barrie Gothic area and very close to the cathedral square. The hop on tourist bus runs right passed the main entrance & the metro is only 500mts away.
There was some street noise in the evening, but no more than you would expect in the centre of a city.
The interior décor in the hotel is very dark, but plush because it is a boutique hotel. The cleanliness of the whole place is superb and beds are turned down in the evening and yummy chocolates left for your enjoyment. The bathroom towels are huge and soft with a choice of different Pillows for your comfort.
The rooftop pool area is smart and relaxing with a spectacular view across the rooftops to the sea.
We didn't have the breakfast, but there are plenty of pastry/coffee shops nearby.
Cuines Santa Caterina is a restaurant attached to the fruit/veg market, great atmosphere and food, full of local Spanish people.
Reception staff were so helpful & kind.
I would certainly stay in this hotel again and have no hesitation in recommending it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Hotel Central, a home in the heart of Barcelona where the amenities and luxuries of a five-star hotel are combined with a sense of style and elegance. The hotel has a perfect location between the Gothic district with its spectacular Cathedral or the ancient city walls and "el Born". 147 spacious rooms & suites with the best of modern design. Its very famous infinity pool, the Avalon Restaurant where the awarded Chef Ramon Freixa presents affordable cuisine to share with friends, the stylish the City Bar offering all day dining including salads, sandwiches and a wide cocktail menu surrounded by good music in a relaxing atmosphere, the Gallery our art space perfect for private events, the Wellness Suite with its carefully designed treatments, the Thermal Suite that offers a private steam and sauna experience, the well equipped Fitness Center, and a dedicated team who understands your specific requirements for any meeting or event in one of our multiples spaces... All creates a unique lifestyle and fashionable experience with a sense of elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Splitty, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Hotel Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Barcelona
- Grand Hotel Central Barcelona, Catalonia
- Grand Central Hotel Barcelona