We were very pleased with our stay here. Firstly, the location is excellent, being a stones throw away from the Arc de Trionf and a few minutes walk to the old city. As mentioned before, the hotel and the reception are in two different building, but once you are aware of this, it presents no problems. Staff are very friendly and helpful, with someone available at the front desk 24hrs. The hotel is very chic (obviously) with toy animal heads decorating the corridors, which I thought was a fun touch. The room we were in was No. 14, overlooking the main road, but noise was not an issue. Your basic room really, comfortable bed, nice powerful shower, plenty of closet space. Small iPod adapter by the bed, and table and chairs on the balcony. There is a small common area with free tea, coffee and water, which is a nice bonus for those hot summer days. We didnt get the breakfast, so cannot give any details. The only bad points are the wifi, which as mentioned before, is very slow, the bathroom door did jam up a lot, but this was not a major problem. All in all, we were very happy with our stay here, and would recommend it. However, if you are looking for a traditional hotel with room service etc etc, this is not for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel that combines the traditional with the futuristic in a privileged environment: a building that is more than 100 years old with spectacular ceilings over seven metres high and spaces designed to surprise and enjoy. Its rooms, with an original glass shower in the room, are chameleon-like: you can change the colour depending on your mood. The passageways, full of enchantment and mystery, mutate with colour changes from the lights in the rooms. Enjoy our “Beyourself” and “Helpyourself” area in the common area where you can relax listening to music, reading any of our books or having a coffe, tea or water for free. Also, if you want to move about the city at your own pace, bicycles are available to rent. Once you try them, you won’t want to use any other transport in Barcelona. You can also enjoy our chic&basic tour, a two hour walk through Ciutat Vella in which we will mix history with some curiosities, as well as gastronomic and nightlife suggestions. Enjoy it on Tuesdays, Thursdays or Saturdays at 10:00am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MyHotelShop, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your chic&basic Born Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chic And Basic Born Hotel
- Chic&Basic Born Hotel Barcelona, Catalonia
- Hotel Chic Basic Born