“Andorra, Girona, and Figueres” 5 of 5 bubbles

Day Trips Barcelona
Ranked #102 of 529 Tours in Barcelona
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: DayTripsBarcelona is a local family business that offers small group Barcelona Day Tours to our favourite sights and attractions near Barcelona. We offer full day tours,half-day tours, wine Tours and private Tours from Barcelona in small groups by mini-van. Let us show you the most beautiful and interesting places outside Barcelona.
Tucson, Arizona
“Andorra, Girona, and Figueres”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I cannot speak highly enough about Carl and Peter. My friend and I did two trips, the first to Andorra through France, and then to Girona and Figueres. Not only were they the best guides I've ever had, these tours rated among the best travel days I've had in my life. In Andorra we traveled with just two other people, making for a small and amazing tour. We all had so much fun together. Usually on car trips, it would be tempting to take a nap (especially when trying to fit in all of Barcelona in under a week) but everyone was so fun, I didn't want to miss a second! My friend and I were already saying we wish we could have Carl and Peter as our guides on all our future travels!

Visited May 2014
DayTripsBarcelona, Owner at Day Trips Barcelona, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
That was a very nice review which we really appreciate.. Thanks do much for taking the time to write it and for the very kind words. It genuinely means a lot to us to hear that our guests enjoy our tours so much. Take care and best wishes. Peter and Carl.

Greensboro, North Carolina
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A Perfect Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

My sister and I did the Three Countries in One Day with Carl. He picked us up from our hotel and dropped us off at the end of the day. We shared the comfortable ride (important for 12 hours) with two other women travelers. Everyone was companionable and easy going and it felt like a day out with friends. Carl was prepared with everything we might have needed and was a relaxed, fun, and informative guide. There were plenty of great stops and a willingness to adapt to our interests. He even took pictures and sent us the link the next day! We tried several companies in and out of Barcelona and for the personal experience with attention to detail, this one was the best.

Visited May 2014
DayTripsBarcelona, Owner at Day Trips Barcelona, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Many thanks for your very kind review - and for a most enjoyable day in the mountains.
You were both lots of fun and the time just flew by.
We hope we will get the chance to take you on some more tours on a future visit to Barcelona.
Warm regards Carl
Woburn, United Kingdom
“Montserrat and Torres Winery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had a great day with Carl as our guide. The hiking on Montserrat was amazing as was the monastery. I would definitely recommend Day Trips Barcelona to anyone looking for a wonderful day and guide. Be prepared for some strenuous activity and hiking.

Visited May 2014
DayTripsBarcelona, Owner at Day Trips Barcelona, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Hi Gina
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. I enjoyed our day together. You waltzed through the hiking, even though you thought you might have some problems with the height – well done! So I assume that the “strenuous activity” you mention in the review was the extensive wine tasting :-) !!
Please do send a photo of your new wine cellar when it is finished and stocked - the guides at Torres will be delighted to see it!
Take care. Carl
Calgary, Canada
“Review from the ladies from Canada!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We participated in two day trips with Peter and Carl.
Tarragona, Sitges and Montserrat! The tours definately put smiles on our faces! Incredible sites! We were very impresssed to say the least! Our pictures of the tours speak volumes!
Each tour was like the song: "Got a Feeling Today is Gonna be a Good Day!"
"Yahoo" from Calgary, AB, Canada. :)) Happy, happy, happy!
Barcelona Donna and Picasso Jo.

Visited May 2014
DayTripsBarcelona, Owner at Day Trips Barcelona, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Donna and Jo, Thanks for the great review. We enjoyed every minute of your company on both tours and glad you soaked up the Barcelona sun and sights! Take care and stay Happy, happy, happy. All the best Peter and Carl.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“We did three tours with "Day Trips Barcelona"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We would most certainly recommend "Day Trips Barcelona", which I already have to a few of our customers at work as they mentioned they were going to Barcelona. I told them I had just the tour guides for them!!. Our tours were with both Carl and Peter. Torres Winery and to Sitges Tarragona and the Roman Ruins and then to Andorra and the Pyrenees. They only give you 100 characters minimum and there is no way that I could write what I wanted to say. I had to delete some of it. All I can say is they were fantastic, responded quickly to my e-mail to them on what I wanted. and they stayed in contact for each and every tour through your e-mail. They made you feel right at home, considerate, respectful and responsible. Arrived at the hotel on time and yes "tripadvisor" everything that I say on here is the truth! I would without a doubt in my mind highly recommend them for all tours they have....

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sherry S
DayTripsBarcelona, Owner at Day Trips Barcelona, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Hi Sherry.
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review - and for already recommending us to future customers! That is very kind of you. It was a pleasure having you both along and very interesting to hear about the vineyards behind your house in Pennsylvania.
Hope we get the chance to meet again sometime in the future.
Take care