“Pyrenees tour and Figueres/Girona tour” 5 of 5 bubbles

Day Trips Barcelona
Ranked #103 of 526 Tours in Barcelona
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: DayTripsBarcelona is a local family business that offers small group Barcelona Day Tours to our favourite sights and attractions near Barcelona. We offer full day tours,half-day tours, wine Tours and private Tours from Barcelona in small groups by mini-van. Let us show you the most beautiful and interesting places outside Barcelona.
Antwerp, Belgium
“Pyrenees tour and Figueres/Girona tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

My friend and I did two of the day tours with Carl and Peter and both trips were wonderful. They're not just knowledgeable but very relaxed and funny to spend the day with. You're picked up and dropped off at your hotel, the groups are small so there's an immediate sense of friendship, there are many interesting stops along the way and the time spent in the minivan is never dull. Carl and Peter also take lots of photos along the way and are prompt in sending them.
The thing that I found especially lovely was that they write down every little stop on the website in advance, so there are some lovely surprises and a sense of adventure. I cannot recommend this company enough. The Pyrenees tour is perfect if you love amazing vistas (bring warm clothes!), while the Figueres/Girona tour brings you to beautiful historic cities and museums. As an added bonus, the annual flower festival was happening in Girona while we were there, which meant that a lot of the old courtyards were open to the public. I definitely recommend Day Trips Barcelona and both selected trips!

Visited May 2014
DayTripsBarcelona, Owner at Day Trips Barcelona, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hi Tanya. Thank you so much for your very kind review. It also does help that there are so many beautiful and interesting places to visit outside Barcelona - it makes our job even more enjoyable :-)
I see you forgot to write "do not" in your review - so just to clarify, we do not write all the details in our descriptions - so we can sometimes be a little flexible and offer the occasional surprise.
Hope to see you again in Barcelona some time in the future.
Take care. À bientôt
Carl & Peter

Tucson, Arizona
“Andorra, Girona, and Figueres”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I cannot speak highly enough about Carl and Peter. My friend and I did two trips, the first to Andorra through France, and then to Girona and Figueres. Not only were they the best guides I've ever had, these tours rated among the best travel days I've had in my life. In Andorra we traveled with just two other people, making for a small and amazing tour. We all had so much fun together. Usually on car trips, it would be tempting to take a nap (especially when trying to fit in all of Barcelona in under a week) but everyone was so fun, I didn't want to miss a second! My friend and I were already saying we wish we could have Carl and Peter as our guides on all our future travels!

Visited May 2014
DayTripsBarcelona, Owner at Day Trips Barcelona, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
That was a very nice review which we really appreciate.. Thanks do much for taking the time to write it and for the very kind words. It genuinely means a lot to us to hear that our guests enjoy our tours so much. Take care and best wishes. Peter and Carl.
Greensboro, North Carolina
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A Perfect Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

My sister and I did the Three Countries in One Day with Carl. He picked us up from our hotel and dropped us off at the end of the day. We shared the comfortable ride (important for 12 hours) with two other women travelers. Everyone was companionable and easy going and it felt like a day out with friends. Carl was prepared with everything we might have needed and was a relaxed, fun, and informative guide. There were plenty of great stops and a willingness to adapt to our interests. He even took pictures and sent us the link the next day! We tried several companies in and out of Barcelona and for the personal experience with attention to detail, this one was the best.

Visited May 2014
DayTripsBarcelona, Owner at Day Trips Barcelona, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Many thanks for your very kind review - and for a most enjoyable day in the mountains.
You were both lots of fun and the time just flew by.
We hope we will get the chance to take you on some more tours on a future visit to Barcelona.
Warm regards Carl
Woburn, United Kingdom
“Montserrat and Torres Winery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had a great day with Carl as our guide. The hiking on Montserrat was amazing as was the monastery. I would definitely recommend Day Trips Barcelona to anyone looking for a wonderful day and guide. Be prepared for some strenuous activity and hiking.

Visited May 2014
DayTripsBarcelona, Owner at Day Trips Barcelona, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Hi Gina
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. I enjoyed our day together. You waltzed through the hiking, even though you thought you might have some problems with the height – well done! So I assume that the “strenuous activity” you mention in the review was the extensive wine tasting :-) !!
Please do send a photo of your new wine cellar when it is finished and stocked - the guides at Torres will be delighted to see it!
Take care. Carl
Calgary, Canada
“Review from the ladies from Canada!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We participated in two day trips with Peter and Carl.
Tarragona, Sitges and Montserrat! The tours definately put smiles on our faces! Incredible sites! We were very impresssed to say the least! Our pictures of the tours speak volumes!
Each tour was like the song: "Got a Feeling Today is Gonna be a Good Day!"
"Yahoo" from Calgary, AB, Canada. :)) Happy, happy, happy!
Barcelona Donna and Picasso Jo.

Visited May 2014
DayTripsBarcelona, Owner at Day Trips Barcelona, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Donna and Jo, Thanks for the great review. We enjoyed every minute of your company on both tours and glad you soaked up the Barcelona sun and sights! Take care and stay Happy, happy, happy. All the best Peter and Carl.