“Small rooms but a perfect place”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Olivia Plaza Hotel

Olivia Plaza Hotel
Ranked #36 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
Stockholm, Sweden
“Small rooms but a perfect place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

This hotel is very styled, with red and black in the rooms. But it is not very comfortable, it's to designed, with a very small and open place to wash yourself at, for instance. The beds are ok, men nothing in the hotel is very friendly, even though you can sit outside and eat along a wall thats from the 15th century.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel is centrally located, right on the Plaza de Catalunya and steps away from la Rambla and a metro station. For a tourist, you really can't beat the location.
Unfortunately, I wasn't a tourist, I was there on business and was freakishly busy and trapped in the room, which was smallish by North American standards, but really quite decent for a central location in a large European city.
The shower and toilet arrangement, as described by other reviewers, isunique, with a sliding glass door that goes across both of these small rooms. Whatever... the shower was the rain type and was the highlight of the room. If you're really tall, you may have a problem fitting in the tiny toilet room, though.
My big problem with the room was that there is really nowhere to work comfortably. There is an overhanging shelf at the end of the bed that I used as my desk. Not conducive to getting work done in an efficient or comfortable manner. My room faced the inner atrium, and it could get quite noisy at times. No biggie--I didn't really sleep much anyway.
I ordered room service a couple of times, and it was prompt and delicious.
The staff were great. Everyone I dealt with spoke English well and were very friendly and accommodating.
If I was going back here as a tourist, I'd be happy to stay here again. If I was to return on another business trip, I would definitely look elsewhere, to save my back and neck the agony.

2 Thank Moffman
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

This was a quick trip to Barcelona with my father. I wanted a hotel that put us in a central location so he wasn't walking too far to any one place. We could not have picked a better hotel! Hotel Olivia Plaza is steps away from the Aerobus (which takes you to and from the airport in about 30 minutes for a little over 10EUR one way), Las Ramblas and the hop on hop off bus stop.

The hotel staff were friendly in particular the manager. He spoke to us at breakfast one day for quite some time and suggested an amazing restaurant to go to. He and his staff made the reservations on our behalf. I am a bit of a foodie and found Osmosis excellent. It is a small restaurant that is striving for a Michelin star and I believe they are well on their way.

As for the hotel, again the location is by far key. Rooms are small, sparsely modern and clean. Breakfast was included and provided a fantastic selection. Staff was friendly and did speak English. We had a higher up room that was not facing the Plaza and did not hear any noise.

I would definitely stay here again for a fun long weekend in Barcelona.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Olivia P, Director General at Olivia Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide Olivia Plaza with feedback. I am delighted to hear that the team here made your stay extra special .We aim to surpass our guest’s expectations and offer a true tailored service to make Olivia Plaza their home from home and recommend little gems restaurants. Barcelona is a great foodies lovers destination.I hope welcoming you very soon. Enric Garcia. Hotel Manager.
Rotorua, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Funky stylish hotel. Excellent location within easy access to transport, shopping, bars and restaurants. Easy walk to the waterfront and other attractions. Hop On Hop Off Buss right outside the the hotel from Catalunya Square.
Hotel staff very helpful.
If Barcelona, I would book again.

Room Tip: Rooms very comfortable and quiet considering we were in the middle of the city.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear SusanT222.Thank you so very much for sharing your recent experience with us. We truly appreciate all comments but positive ones are always a pleasure to read!
We are delighted to read about your experience, which we will share with our team.
I hope welcoming you very soon. Enric Garcia. Hotel Manager.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

This modern hotel is located in Plaza Catalunya, excellent location from which getting around and enjoy the whole city. After a brief misunderstood related with the reservation, that was quickly solved and in the best way, we had a wonderful stay with all the confort that a nice, big enough suite with a view to the Square can provide. We also have dinner in the hotel, which I highly recommend for its quality and service -which is not so frequent in Barcelona. At the hotel, it was impecable.

1 Thank Maiten_Panella
I was so pleased to read your lovely feedback. Many thanks for taking the time to do this. We always try our hardest to meet our Guests expectations . Please visit us once again in the near future. Enric Garcia-Hotel manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

The Olivia Plaza Hotel is a modern and stylish hotel, centrally located in Barcelona.
It looks out onto Catalunya Square and is at the top end of Las Ramblas.
The Hotel is in a great location within easy reach of all the main sight seeing attractions.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front have a great view, but the back os probably a little quieter. Although we ma...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Baggers95
Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for four nights and loved it. The hotel is clean, modern and the staff is so friendly, especially Rebecca. We had a room facing Placa de Catalunya with a balcony that was great. Turn right outside the hotel you are at La Rambles and you can pick up the hop on hop off bus and and the tour guide buses are right out front. You can walk to the Barcelona Cathedral, the Barri Gotic quarter, the Guell Palace and Placa Rieal. An added plus is a cafe right in front of the hotel, we could have cappuccino whenever we wanted! Don't bother to take a taxi from the airport the airport bus will drop you off right on the Catalunya Square for less then 6 euros.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the balconies in the hotel, the view is great.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Floridalynn28
Olivia P, Director General at Olivia Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide Olivia Plaza with feedback. I am delighted to hear that the team here made your stay extra special and memorable. We aim to surpass our guest’s expectations and offer a true tailored service to make Olivia Plaza their home from home. I shall be certain to pass on these comments to Rebecca. I look forward to welcoming you back to Olivia Plaza on your return visit very soon. Please do get in touch if I can offer any further information or assistance. Enric Garcia-Hotel Manager.