“Great service and perfect location!”
Review of Olivia Plaza Hotel

Ranked #37 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Perfect location, right next to Las Rambla. We were on our honeymoon and got a free upgrade to a deluxe room facing Placa Cantalunya. All staff members are helpful and most speak English. Excellent stay and highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gina F
OliviaHotels, Director General at Olivia Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at Olivia Plaza Hotel

we are very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities meets your expectations in your honeymoon.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Olivia Plaza Hotel once again, perhaps in your first wedding anniversary.

Yours sincerely,

Olivia Plaza Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,149)

Reviewed 2 September 2014

This hotel although with smallish rooms, is excellently located in terms of access to La Ramblas and all its foiod, shopping and excitement and ability to emerse yourself in the cuture of the city. Everything is in easy walking distance and Barcelona is definitely a World City - one to visit, enjoy and wish to return. The room prices are reasonable and staff are friendly. There is a hotel restaurant but with La Ramblas so close, literary 100 metres away, we found lots of eatring places to enjoy a range of foods. Easy access to metro and bus transport.

Room Tip: We had a room away from the front street.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ROamer_5410
OliviaHotels, Director General at Olivia Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Dear guest,

thank you for sharing your experience at Olivia Plaza Hotel. If you find our standard room smalls (26m2), we advise you book a superior room (30m2) or a suite (41m2), for added comfort in your next visit. We hope see you.

Kind Regards.
Manel Ortiz.

Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

This is not a 5 star hotel like I thought It would be. I just arrived in Spain yesterday so jetlag I decided to stay in the room all night and just rest. I was excited to stay here at first. The rooms looked nice but when I woke up this morning i had red bumps all over my arms, neck, and back! That's right this place is filled with bed bugs! It's a nightmare for me because I'm traveling alone and was not expecting my very first day to be so horrible. I went to the reception as soon as I noticed and told and showed the lady my arms and telling her there were bed bugs. She was trying to tell me I had an allergic reaction to food - umm NO I know what bed bugs are and what they look like and this is it. I asked to change rooms and they accommodated that but I was just overall uncomfortable in the entire hotel. I was near tears I asked for a doctor she said it would cost me 150 euro which is absolutely ridiculous I shouldn't have to pay for something they gave me. But I did anyway they doctor who obviously didn't speak a word of Spanish gave me a shot and provided me with prescription medicine saying it would go away in a couple days. He than said it would cost me 200 euro - I explained to him they reception said it would cost only 150 euro but that was incorrect information. I was so upset I paid the doctor and went down to reception wanting a refund of some sort. The same lady said the doctor said it wasn't bed bugs it was a mosquito bite. Really lady first of all there's no way a mosquito could've bite me a hundred times all over my body without me noticing and also I didn't leave the room at all as soon as I arrived so unless there are Mosquitos hiding in my room I very much doubt it's that. They didn't want to admit they had bed bugs. I spoke with the manager he said he would refund me one night and check that my new room didn't have bed bugs. My stay here has already been ruined so I've booked my flight back and I'm leaving this infested 5 star hotel. I told the manager I wanted a full refund I'm still here waiting to see if I will get it. Don't ruin your trip and waste $1000s of dollars staying here. THIS PLACE IS FILLED WITH BED BUGS AND I SPENT $1500 to stay here! BEWARE BED BUGS!!!

• Stayed: September 2014
9  Thank Rhea D
OliviaHotels, Director General at Olivia Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Lady,

Apologize for any inconvenient you suffer during you stay at our 4 stars hotel. First we can say it’s we have not bed bugs. The doctor who attended you said it clear that it was a tiger mosquito bite. This bite may have occurred at anytime, anywhere outdoor, not at hotel. The doctor proceeds to apply a treatment based on their diagnosis of tiger mosquito bite that improves your status that looks like an accurate diagnosis. At all times hotel staff was offered all our help to provide full assistance, we called a external doctor service and we provided you a new room for your better comfort. Also, we can ensure that in our hotel, at all times, strict health and safety procedures are followed and audit firms inspections can certify are followed. Your room was revised and it’s not found any bed bugs or anything like that. We regret this painful bite tiger mosquito has damaged your trip. We hope you can enjoy city and our hotel in future visits to Barcelona.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Very nice hotel! Excellent modern rooms and very well located: very easy access to the most important places in Bracelona. airport bus shuttle stop very near. The staff was very nice and helpful! excellent stay!

Dear guest,

thank you for sharing your experience at Olivia Plaza Hotel and for your positive comments. We are very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities meets your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout. We hope see you again very son at Barcelona and at Olivia Plaza Hotel.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Olivia Plaza hotel, was centrally located however it was just a left turn away from the la ramblas stretch. Infact we were very happy that it was not located in that stretch. As during the peak season the street la ramblas gets very crowded. So Olivia plaza is at a perfect location. All the staff members are very helpful and they helped us through out our trip. This hotel is close to every where all the shopping malls, restaurants, the hop on and hop off buses and the airport buses are just the street across. Even a taxi ride to various areas such as the spanish village or the picasso museum are not very expensive if there is four of you sharing a cab (Approx 3 euros per person). However the restaurant staffs were a bit slow at service. Housekeeping staffs are alert as we had a stain bedsheet and we asked the housekeeper to change it and the change was done immediately. Overall very satisfied with our stay and we also recommended this hotel to another fren. Oh we also got an upgrade with a nice view for free.

Room Tip: Good City View !
1  Thank P S
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We loved our stay here. The location could not be more ideal for a first time tourist visit to the city. Centrally located and convenient to EVERYTHING. All tour buses, subways, regional rails are accessible in la Placa de Catalunya, steps to La Rambla, 10 minute walk to Port Vell and a few more minutes to the beach.

Location aside, the hotel itself was just fantastic. Amazing staff, beautiful, modern, chic rooms, amazing views, and the best part was the cool terrace/garden nestled behind a church courtyard. The daily breakfast was phenomenal. We were there for our anniversary and one night, we came back to the room with a complimentary bottle of cava and some chocolate covered strawberries.

We'll be back.

Room Tip: Get a room with an exterior view, not one of the interior rooms.
1  Thank Kevin K
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Just got back from a fantastic stay at The Olivia Plaza Hotel, celebrating my sisters 50th Birthday. Arrived at 11.00 and checked ourselves in. Left our cases with the Concierge. The reception team were all very polite and friendly. We then went out and came back to the hotel around 5pm, our bags were taken to our room. The room itself was lovely, spacious and modern. The ensuite too was very modern with probably one of the best showers in a hotel room that I have experienced. Later that evening the hotel arranged for a bottle of champagne and some chocolate covered strawberries to be delivered to our room to celebrate my sisters birthday, which was a lovely and much appreciated gesture. The hotel is located at the top of La Rambla in the square, so ideal if you are getting the Aerobus from the airport as it stops right outside. I would highly recommend the hotel, all the staff were friendly, and made you feel very welcome at all times. The hotel was very clean.

Room Tip: We had a room on the inside, so did not have a room with a view (514) but I think when I book again...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends