Be Ramblas Hotel
EuroPark Hotel(Barcelona)
US$239
US$217
  • Pool
All reviewshome hotelroom had air conditioninggreat locationwifi signalhot waterbudget hotelmin walkgothic quartertvramblascomforterelevatormetrodrawersplugscatalan
Reviewed 14 December 2012

it is a clean Hostel (not hotel) we stayed in a nice air-conditioned Private room that had a good en suite. The location is perfect. quite a small hostel with only a small common area down stairs. it has an ok breakfast. its not a party hostel but that can be found easily enough elsewhere. The staff were very helpful and the security is very good (key card entrance)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I stayed at Be Ramblas HOSTEL (not a hotel) for a week last summer in a tiny twin room with a shared bathroom (as in 1 per floor).

Pros: Great location (near Palau Güell, La Rambla, La Boqueria, the Gothic Quarter, Plaça de Colon, Port Vell), close to many busses and 2 metro stations, helpful front desk staff, good WiFi, adjustable AC in room.

Cons: TINY room, teeny-tiny bed (narrower than a twin), only 1 thin pillow, STRONG chemical smell in the room (figured out it came from the comforter, which gave me allergies), paper thin walls = very noisy, rude cleaning staff, 1 bathroom per floor meant queuing for the shower every morning, you have to leave your key at the front desk when you go out and there is no safe in the room. Also, rough neighborhood with lots of purse-thieves.

I used earplugs when I slept, showered a bit later to avoid the morning rush, made an extra pillow out of a hoodie, used my computer lock, kept my valuables in my locked suitcase and held on to my purse on the street. I didn't have any problems and slept alright. I'm sure there are better accommodations in Barcelona for the price I paid.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2012

This hostel was great, it is small, but doesn't matter because the bedrooms are clean, with new furniture and very comfortable. The staff was very gentile and they help us with everything.
The place is not a very safe place, but is close from Las Ramblas and the beach. The breakfast was ok , except that the kitchen is small and if you dont arrive early to the breakfast time, you will loose a place and food.

Room Tip: Pick a private room and not close from a window to the street if you really want to sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Not a good start when we arrived - no twin rooms so ended up with a friend in a small double bed in a tiny room. No en-suite which also thought we had booked. The bathroom was small on our floor and you could EVERYTHING that was said (or done) in the room next door to it - clearly need some soundproofing in there! Rooms were basic, not at all cosey in any way.
Would not stay here again

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed in a single room in this hostel and was overall very pleased with it.
My room was well equipped and clean, option of having it cleaned every day. The bathrooms and kitchen were fine, the whole hostel was very clean.
Staff were helpful and friendly.
I didn't have the free breakfast but it looked very good considering it was free - the free coffee was PROPER coffee from a coffee machine!! :D
Kitchen was quite basic, just a hob, microwave and grill, but perfect for basic cooking, there was a big fridge/freezer to store food in.
I was nervous arriving, having read other reviews referring to the 'dodgy street' next to the hostel. It IS next to a dodgy area, but as long as you turn left out of the door, by the time you get to Las Ramblas (at the end of the street), it's fine. Having said that I was travelling on my own so I made sure to be back before dark, as I didn't want to walk down this street alone after dark. This was my only fault with the hostel really, the location, which didn't feel very safe, but there was 24hour reception and swipe access to get in the main doors so it was very secure.
I had no problems with noise, the hostel was very quiet, it was not really a place to meet other travellers as people staying there didn't really talk to each other but this was fine for me as I wasn't there to meet other people but to see the city!

Room Tip: The single is very good value for money!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo