“Long weekend”
Review of Eurostars Angli

Eurostars Angli
Ranked #331 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for long weekend, very nice room and service. If the bar had been open in the evening would have given 5 stars, but may have been due to season. Metro 5-10 min walk away to reach any part of city. Local area quiet, chilled and relaxed just what we were looking for a welcome respite from the chaos of las ramblas. Rooms very modern, some of details could be improved, but not deal breakers will be back and would recommend for those wanting a more relaxed break. Almost braved the outside pool despite locals wearing jackets and scarves, but chickened out :)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at Eurostars Angli in early April for four nights. We had a great time in Barcelona, there is obviously lots to do and four days wasn't really enough so I can see ourselves going back there.

Position -
The hotel is quite well placed, less than 5 mins from Sarria metro station, which connects to the central square. The guidebook says that Sarria is "one of Barcelona's loveliest villages" but we didn't get a chance to explore it as there was so much to see in the centre and by the beach. On the way home of an evening we would stop at a nice bar that was inbetween the metro and the hotel which was the perfect place to talk about what we'd seen that day! Perhaps you could say though, that being nearer a different metro station that has more than one line would have been helpful in the long run (you have to get 3 different lines to get to the port of Barceloneta)

Hotel -
The hotel is very modern and stylish inside. I'd certainly say it is a 4* hotel, based on the spotless condition it's kept, the very cool rooms and treatment by the staff. For breakfast you'll find a perfectly arranged assortment of pastries, yoghurts, juices, fruits etc that are probably what most people are looking for, but I reserve special praise for the cold meats.. They were incredible! The chorizo, salami, iberian ham etc were so good that I could not stop eating them and made four trips to the buffet table before I was dragged away by my girlfriend. Only one negative point was that the rooms were quite hot to sleep in, but perhaps that was just our air conditioning that was faulty.

Staff-
I also need to mention the staff at this point, who were very helpful from the start, showing us where we should go and how to get back in very good English - and then when I left my iPod behind after we had checked out they offered to arrange for a taxi to bring it to the airport, but in the end they arranged (and paid!) for the iPod to be sent to me in the UK, which I thought was just great.

I'd recommend Sarria to couples, to friends and to family I think, and for the price we paid it was worth every penny.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are probably better - we were on the ground floor and it meant that we couldn't hav...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jon C
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. We got the room at an excellent price, and we can honestly say it was incredibly worth it. Location was great, away from the busy centre but just a 5 minute walk from the Sarria Metro station. A taxi from the airport cost us €30.00, and taxis pass right in front of the hotel very frequently should you need one. There are also a couple of nice cafes and restaurants within 5 minute walking distance in the area.

Eurostars Angli has a very chic, modern feel to it. The hotel staff are all friendly and helpful, and speak English well. Breakfast was very good and had a varied selection. We also ordered room service on one night, this was also pretty good. Cannot comment about their free parking, pool area or café as we did not use these facilities.

Rooms are very tastefully decorated, feel very spacious and are kept clean. The bathroom had a very large walk in shower. Wi-Fi is free, fast and worked perfectly the whole stay for us. Can’t say much about the view, as we were on the 1st floor and did not have one. The blinds are a bit annoying as you have to leave them up to open a window, meaning we felt like people could look right into our room most of the time. My only real problem was the bed, which was VERY hard to the point where it was almost uncomfortable. Also the air-conditioning is a bit finicky at times!

Overall a very good hotel, would recommend and visit again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jess F
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

The design is perfect but i looks poor because of the low maintenence. The airco doesnt work perfect and makes a lot of noise. Windows are dirty, floor looks old and the non smoking rooms smells like smoking. The beds are also just to hard! If you can choise, choise an other hotel!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jurrr
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Modern hotel with great rooms. They were not big but have a good bed and a great bathroom. The hotels is very modern. Receptionist was nice, roomservice was decent but nothing special. For the purpose of this trip and the fact I arrived late and left early I found it a perfect hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Erasmusbrug
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I absolutely LOVED this hotel! The room was spacious, had a massive window and the decor was the best I've seen in a hotel. All members of staff were helpful and polite which is always a bonus! I must admit, I was worried about the location when I chose this hotel as I didn't want to spend my holidays stuck on buses/trains, but that wasn't the case. The nearest metro station is at a 10 minutes walk from the hotel and it stops at Las Ramblas which was great! The only negative feedback i have from my stay is the air con, it just didn't seem to work at all and there were times were you could feel a draft of hot air in the room which made it uncomfortable when sleeping.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Misspf13
Reviewed 12 August 2013

i currently stay 3 nights at this hotel for this hotel. we book for 2 hotel rooms. my parents' room is good. however there are always problems in my room. first night (yesterday), the shower body kept falling out. the housekeeping fixed it but then fell out again. so we moved to another room tonight, they put us in a room for disabled people. however, the drainage system doesn't work so the water always leaks. a waste of few towels. we have complained (again), so they say they will move us to another room tomorrow. the thing is this is the first time ever i complain about my hotel room.. i am so disappointed..

service staff is good. some don't speak english. breakfast is satisfying. there are always fruits and welcome drink available in the front desk, which is a good thing.

• Stayed: August 2013