“Great restaurant, fabulous views.”
Review of Alegra restaurant - CLOSED

Alegra restaurant
Price range: US$29 - US$40
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A gastronomic experience in Barcelona's LifeStyle by the Mediterranean sea.
Reviewed 10 August 2015

Ate here at lunch time. The restaurant was very quiet, I think all sensible people were staying indoors to avoid the heat.

We went into the complex on the recommendation of the guide on the hop on hop off tourist bus which stopped directly opposite.

At first we thought we had made a mistake but then realised that the restaurants are upstairs. We walked around looking at all the restaurants and selected Alegra, very pleased that we did.

The restaurant has a fantastic view across the marina.

The food was lovely, in fact the best meal that we had in Barcelona and probably the best in our 3 week holiday touring Europe. The chocolate dessert was so good my husband wanted to eat the plate.

Service was good, the waiter's English was excellent and he was very helpful.

Very reasonably priced - 41 Euro for 2 people. Would certainly go back on our next visit to Barcelona.

Reviewed 31 July 2015 via mobile

Very nice restaurant with good food for an acceptable price. Very friendly and professional service! I can certainly recommend it.

Reviewed 31 July 2015 via mobile

I came here unexpectedly with my boyfriend which turned out to be a pleasant surprise for us.
Hidden away in the mall of Spain this restaurant oozes standard and the menu doesn't beg to differ.
As soon as we walked in the hostess was very warm showing us to our seats and giving us our menu. I ordered the salmon tatare and the veal sirloin for main. My boyfriend had the Iberian ham with the lamb for main. Both dishes we had was very delicious and wonderfully presented. We enjoyed a bottle of. Champagne The live music was very relaxing and created the perfect ambience. I will be returning here before my trip is over. It's a gem

Reviewed 21 July 2015

I came here with my son after a day walking through Barcelona. Even though we had no reservation and the balcony was as good as full, they got us a table in a not too bad spot. We had a nice view on the sea.
As the restaurant was full, the waitress said that some dishes may take some time to prepare. Therefore we started with some tapas: patatas bravas. some croquettes and calamares. It was all very tasty.
As main dish I had the fish stew. The waitress told me they only had turbot today and whether that would be OK. It was more than OK. A fantastic stew with all sorts of sea food and a lovely piece of turbot.
My son had the salmon with rice. I tasted a piece and it was delicious.

Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

The view of the city is wonderful especially at night but that is where the fun ends. 12 euro gin and tonics, a 1.5 euro service charge per person, I guess for the privilege of dining there, my dinner, cod, which was not salted cod, was so salty it was inedible. When I mentioned it to the waiter he laughed like he didn't understand English, then he said that's how the Spanish like it, then he said it was the kitchens fault. Just 3 waiters on staff caused the service to be very slow also. Maybe someone called out sick, or quit to work in a good restaurant. 150 euro bill for 5 people.