“Never again!!”
Review of Hotel Ingles

Hotel Ingles
Ranked #356 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

I do realise that this hotel only has one star but I do expect to get at least one good nights sleep. Unfortunately the bed in our room was so creaky, that it woke us up every time we moved!! My boyfriend is very laid back but he even commented on how bad it was.

The location is good as you are right in the centre. The rooms are fine but shower screen is not wide enough and therefore you always manage to fill the bathroom floor with water - must be annoying for the cleaners.

I wouldn't return.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Drutt6

Reviewed 23 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 28 April 2013

My first trip to Barcleona (although not my partners) and I was filled with trepidation regarding this hotel. It had been booked for it's location and my partner didn't realise it was a 1* hotel. Very Very surprised when we did arrive. The reception was clean and bright and the member of staff was very friendly. Our room was really big (after our 3* experience in Paris this was amazing) and although the decor was shabby in places the room was spotless. The bathroom was clean and there was even soap and shampoo. The beds were comfortable, although I can't say the same about the pillow, but then I am very fussy with my pillows. We did find the room very noisy after midnight, but then what do you expect when you are in the middle of it all. I would advise any one who is including breakfast in their deal to get to the tapas bar next door before 9 as we were late on our first day (about 9:30) and all we were given was a cup of coffee and two slices of toast, the waiter told us they had run out of croissants! I personally don't think the breakfast is worth the extra as there are some great coffee places just around every corner.
On our second night there the flush on the toilet broke. We informed the guy on reception on our way out the following morning and by the time we had come back to get changed for dinner it was fixed.
This hotel was great and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Julie C
Reviewed 27 April 2013

It would be great if they change the cupboard cause the one in my room made a very loud creaking sound when you open it , just like in horror movies and there were lots of holes on the cupboard as if there were termites invasion previously which bothers me and my friends alot to put our clothes in .
The hair dryer was also freaking scary as it sounds as if its going to explode and blow your head
Its a bonus if there is a small fridge to keep our drinks and snacks chilled and thermoflask for us to heat some water for our hot drink .

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I stayed for just one night, after I spent a night in Valencia and another night in an awful hotel in Barcelona. So this one was more like just a basic one, compared to the other.
The room was big, comfortable, clean and warm. The decoration was simple. The bathroom was clean and the water was hot. I felt safe and relaxed.
The location is excellent. Ramblas, Boqueria market, entrance to the old town, metro station, everything you need is so close to the hotel, just a few metres away!
free wi-fi!!!!
I would definately recomment this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights at the start of a longer trip through Europe. As other people have said, the location for the price is superb. I find the reception and checking in okay and the guy was very friendly and spoke brilliant English. I found him very good. I had a single room with my own toilet and shower. My TV did not work, the shower head connection to the wall was faulty and the wifi was off a good portion of the time. To be fair I did not complain about them as I could work around them. I also had a slight wait one night to buzz in but I love Barcelona and was here to take photos and explore and nothing about my accommodation stopped me from doing that. So, if you are on a budget and want a central location with nothing too fancy, this place is for you. It's clean, safe and warm. If you want more - go elsewhere. For my budget and my needs it was fine.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I stayed in Hotel Inglés for 3 nights in February 2013. It’s in a very good location, just off las Ramblas, the main street in Barcelona. It’s located on a pedestrianised street, so once one arrives from the airport for example, via taxi or train, you have to walk from las Ramblas to the hotel, but it literally is only a few metres walk from las Ramblas.
The rooms are clean and comfortable. Not overly spacious, but ok. The floors are tiled and not carpeted. I stayed in a triple room and it was quite sufficient to our needs. The room we stayed in had a balcony which was quite nice for airing the room out. The air conditioning didn’t seem to work, it wouldn’t turn on in either of the rooms that members of my party were staying in and so it must be a seasonal thing. It did leave the room warm at times and the balcony did come in handy every now and again to let in some air. The safe was located on the wall and in order to be used we had to get a key off reception and pay €2 per day! We found this a bit rich, as it’s an almost given thing in most hotels these days and that safes have key pad locks, so one doesn’t have to risk losing a key by carrying it around all day! The TV in the room was nothing short or pathetic. It was no more than 14 inches in size and was located very high up on the wall. We had no need to watch it anyway, as there was only approximately 6 channels and were in Spanish!! So it was never turned on after day one. We thought at least Sky news would be a given anyway. The bathroom was clean and tidy. Again not overly big, but fine for the few days. The biggest problem here was lukewarm showers. Out of the 3 showers I had, 2 were lukewarm and the same goes for all my other companions on the trip, both in my room and in another room in the hotel. We put it down to being up late in the morning and all the warm water being used!! Silly as it may seem, but that’s what it looked like. The two mornings I had lukewarm showers I was up late, between 10-11am and the one morning I had a roasting hot shower I was up at 6.30am! And again, the same went for everyone with me. Another annoying thing, but outside the hotels control, there is a church at the back of the hotel and from 9am until late evening, the bells ring every 15mins!! Very annoying when you’re trying to get a few hours sleep after an early flight! Thankfully it does stop at night though. The corridors can be noisy at night time and depending on who your neighbours are, noise can be problem too at times. The rooms certainly aren’t sound proof as the hotels website states. The WI-FI in the hotel which is free of charge is very good though!
Overall, a hotel which is in a great location for seeing a bit of Barcelona. If your not to fussy or only staying a few nights, it should do just fine, but any longer and id look for somewhere a bit more up market.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, as not all rooms have balconys. This helps a lot with airing the room...