Hotel Sagrada Familia
Grand Hotel Central(Barcelona)
US$552
US$491
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
US$220
US$172
  • Restaurant
US$197
US$150
  • Pool
H10 Marina Barcelona Hotel(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$378
US$325
getaroom.com
1,209 results
All reviewssagrada familiatwo blocksmetro stationreception staffmini fridgeair confree wifishort staycleaned dailyminute walkbudget hotelhotel is locateddecent hotelbuffet breakfastclean hoteltea and coffeestayed for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Location is 5 min walk from Sagrada Familia attraction. 5 min walk to metro station to go downtown. Also there is the hop on hop off bus right close to Sagrada Familia. So it is not downtown but easy to get around. Quiet quiet quiet. We needed the sleep so chose to be away from the noise of La Rambla area. Staff is friendly. Don't bother paying for interenet in lobby. Computers are slow. Wifi in room is awesome. Big clean bathrooms. Breakfast is awesome and good value. Nice big tub in rooms. We stayed on the side with the school yard and had no problem at all with the noise.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank paddlnfool
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Very convenient and friendly helpful staff. Breakfast was very good and varied. The surrounding areas had quite entertaining street events. The cafés were quite good too and not expensive.
We would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: No internet access on upper floors but very good in reception areas and free
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kohinoor242
Reviewed 19 June 2014

To me, the service either makes or breaks the stay! I was happy to have the best staff ever! They accommodated me when I asked to change rooms so that I could have more natural light. Also, they loaned me an adapter for the sockets (my adapter was square whereas their sockets are round), suggested excellent places to eat, and helped me to get better prices for admission tickets for La Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera, and La Casa Batlló.

The staff was so personable that one even greeted me by name as she passed me on the street (I had left and she was coming in to work)! Accommodating doesn't even begin to describe the good care that I received here!

My only complaint is that the bed was harder than I care for. It didn't cause me to lose any sleep though.

Room Tip: The individual rooms are small. European rooms tend to be much more economic in their spacing than American rooms, but this one seemed even more so!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Monica M
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My friend and I stayed here for a week for our first trip to Barcelona. Upon arrival check in was quick and efficient. Our room was clean and in great condition. Staff were extremely helpful regarding places to go and how to get their via metro/train as we wanted to do as much sightseeing as possible, including Port Aventura theme park in Salou, which you can buy tickets for at the hotel desk to save time.

The hotel itself is in a great location, two blocks from La Sagrada Familia and you can even see the cathedral from the roof terrace. There is Avinguda de Gaudi close by which has lots of restaurants and bars to go to if you fancied going out somewhere local.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would definitely come back!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Beth A
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Located close to one of the world's top tourist spots, the hotel is naturally handy for all local transport, in particular the excellent hop-on-hop-off tourist buses and the even better Metro. Barcelona's public transport is top notch, as it needs to be in such a large city, and cheaper than most.

For the price the hotel has no shortcomings. It's modern, clean, comfortable and blessed with very capable staff, as evidenced by the following anecdote.

Having reserved our final morning to visit Gaudi's eponymous masterpiece, we were dismayed by a queue so long that joining it would have put our airport time in jeopardy. So I took some local advice and nipped back to the hotel to book online. A long story, it was a far from straightforward process which culminated in the ticket collection details being emailed without first being shown on the website. Not normally a problem, but an unlikely set of circumstances meant that the details were sent to an address not accessible for 24 hours. Nothing for it, I thought, but to write off the 70 quid and do without visiting the Sagrada Familia. But one of the receptionists noticed I had a problem and insisted on calling the location's admin office; despite my scepticism, within 10 minutes he had printed out the tickets he got emailed to the hotel and our morning was saved. Bravo, Ignacio, you're a star! I hope your manager reads this.

If I visit Barcelona again I'll look no further than the Ibis for my accommodation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends