Medinaceli is literally a 1 minute walk to the bottom of La Rambla and about a 3 minute walk to the port and Metro.
We never chose to have the breakfast so can't comment on the food; however, it was around €17.00 per person and you can get a cheaper breakfast in any of the nearby restaurants.
The rooms were clean with towels replaced daily. One day our maid came round, we were out for the best part of 12 hours and she had left the balcony doors wide open.
Although we went at the end of October the weather was amazing for the time of year and air con would have been perfect after a full day of sightseeing. The air conditioning in our room never really worked and was quite loud.
The beds were rock solid so for the 4 nights we were there we never had 1 good nights sleep.
There is a fridge in the room and again, this never worked well. My husband took me here for my 30th birthday and he had bought an expensive bottle of champagne; as the fridge was temperamental he went to speak to the reception staff and explained that he had the champagne for my birthday and the fridge wasn't working and could he have an ice bucket (this being officially rated as a 4 star hotel, should not be a big ask) the reception staff said they didn't have an ice bucket and as the kitchen was closed there was nothing they could do in regards to ice.
Although the location was perfect and the hotel was clean, the fact we didn't have 1 good nights sleep due to the hard beds and faulty air conditioning and we found the staff to be unfriendly and unhelpful (not just regarding the champagne) we wouldn't stay here again as we expected a little more for a 4 star hotel, especially a comfortable bed at least.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Medinaceli, hotel 4 star recently expanded and renovated, occupies the old palace of the Dukes of Medinaceli in the Centre of Barcelona. With a superb location in the Gothic quarter of the city, next to the Rambla, and steps away from Drassanes Metro station, hotel becomes the perfect accommodation option to know and enjoy Barcelona with all the comforts. We are at the plate, the Duc de Medinaceli, 8, in the Gothic quarter in the Centre of Barcelona. Central, easy access and close to the main sights of the city, Hotel Medinaceli is located next to Las Ramblas, Drassanes Metro station 5 and 10 France train station. The Hotel Medinaceli, built in the old palace of the Dukes of Medinaceli, in the popular district of Barcelona's Gothic quarter, offers 78 rooms soundproofed, spacious and bright, decorated in a cosy and equipped with all the comforts so that you enjoy a pleasant stay. All rooms have connection to Internet Wi-Fi, air conditioning and heating, desk, safe, private bathroom with bathtub or shower, hairdryer and toiletries, TV with satellite channels and telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Medinaceli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Medinaceli Hotel Barcelona
- Medinaceli Barcelona
- Hotel Medinaceli Barcelona, Catalonia