“Brilliant value for money”
Review of Hostal Benidorm

Hostal Benidorm
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as a family of 5 for one night, so we had a large 4 bed room with balcony and a smaller 2 bed room at the back. Both rooms were lovely and clean with all the essentials needed. This is brilliant value for money, clean basic accomodation.
The location is excellent, right on la rambles not far from the market. There was hardly any noise during the night from outside, we all slept like a log!
The staff are really friendly and helpful, they helped us with any questions and since we arrived early they helped our rooms to be ready for us.
We stayed here for one night before our family cruise, I think that this is the ideal use for this hotel and it started our holiday off well!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 21 August 2013

The service was good and the location was ideal, we stayed for one night and had a room with a private bathroom, TV and balcony looking onto Las Ramblas. The beds were okay but the room was quite small with no decoration. When we first arrived the staff were very friendly but after exchanging money the service deteriorated and they were sometimes quite rude. I would recommend this Hostal for short stays as we only stayed one night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2013

On manh occasions trying to find my way back to the hotel, I would find that I had just walked past it. It is not well "signposted" and therefore easy to miss. It is very centrally located though, which makes it ideal for backpackers, student or budget travellers. Remember that it is a hostel and adjust expectations accordingly. The room was very, very basic, but I didn't really expect much more. I wanted a cheap, clean and safe accommodation, and that's exactly what I got. The room I got was street facing, which is actually quite cool. It was lively on the street (very touristy), but I wasn't disturbed by noise. One thing to consider is that the lift from the ground floor only takes you to Reception. So, if you need life (elevator) service, try to get a room on the same level as Reception. Otherwise you will have to take the stairs (which was true in my case), and not particularly convenient if you have heavy bags to carry. I am sure though that the staff (who were friendly) would help with bags if asked :). It took me a while to write this review cause I simply seriously forgot about this stay. Which isn't exactly a bad thing, cause it kind of shows there was really nothing wring with it and nothing to complain about. On the other hand, it was perhaps also simply too standard/basic to be memorable.

Room Tip: Same floor as Reception if you need the lift!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The hotel wasnt clean, had no balcony, the room was incredibly small and the worst was that we found our room unlocked after returning from a city tour!!! Of course everyone should know this is a huge problem considering the fact that Barcelona is famous for its numerous thieves!!! After reporting the incident to the hotel staff nothing happened and no measures were taken..... Not even appologies......the hotel staff was completly unfriendly and didnt care to help with anything.....we will never go back there again for sure and would not recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arda Y
Reviewed 3 July 2013

The room is very small, no view, no balcony, too simple for me. And at first when we take the room they give me a room with 2 bed but we booked one big bed in the site ,after 30 minuts discuss the give us another room ,The bed is small for 2 people (135x190) and the acoustics is terrible (our room was too close to the reception so we heard too much). For the price of 85 Euros per ,this hotel didn't worth that , bad choise

Room Tip: Confirm your reservation before you arrive. , terrible hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Spent 4 nights here with a friend in June. Considering the price, I was very impressed with the room. It was no frills but comfortable and very clean...which was perfect for us since it was pretty much just a place to sleep anyway. The staff at the front desk was very helpful. It's right on Las Ramblas and a short walk from the metro. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jennniferrb
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Cheap and clean. Probably not the quietest place to stay, But the location means you are right on the amazing Rambles. From here you can easily walk to the Market,beach, and Metro . The Airport bus drops you off at the Plaza De Catalunya which is Also a short walk from the Hostal.This is a good base, and just 40 km away from the beautiful Montserrat mountains. The metro will take you to just about anywhere you want to go. It is clean, easy to use, and efficient, but watch your bag ! ( We booked again for June 2013, will update this then )

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends