“Very noisy”
Review of Hostal Benidorm

Hostal Benidorm
“Very noisy”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

24/7 receptionist who was talking loud after midnight and rooms are few meters only away .
no lift and you have to carry your suitcase upstairs.
photos are different than the actually hotel and room.
Night time receptionist couldn't speak English ! and no help at all,

I booked through travelocity but when I went there after a long trip they couldn't find my booking and kept me waiting for an hour or so and even refuse to search ! and asked me to contact travelocity ! I show them my booking but still noting , I sent an email to them few days before arrivals and informed them that I'm going there and asked few questions to be sure everything is fine , I didn't get any reply but when I pointed to that email they said ahaaaa yes we got that email from you and we ignore you ! Oh really ? , so they agree to give me the room but , they didnt accept Credit Card ! and asked you have to pay cash and we dont care whatever you paid to agency (in this case Travelocity) and I had to find ATM , get money out and come back !.
So I got the room , it was very different than the one in websites , it was supposed to have bathroom and shower inside the room , but there was just a bed and a sink ! , I went back and they told me yea its shared outside ! Dayyyyymn ! you gotta kidding me ! .
it was safe inside also but they asked for 2 Euro per night for safe rental !

Location was not the best , very noisy and if you walk back after midnight you wont feel safe as there are lots of weird people who selling stuff looking at you and trying to chat you up to sell something ! .

I would recommend Hotel california which is closes to main street but still in the area .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JoupinG

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My experience in this Hostel was terrible. The ckeck-in was at 12h, we arrived there at 12h30, and we still waited 30min for our room to be ready. The room was very small and the bathroom dreadful! To take a shower we need to be very careful not to flood the room! Moreover, we could hear everything at was going on in the next room. I woke up in the middle of the night we someone coughing, talking or taking a shower! In the morning it was not possible to stay a sleep because when the sun raised the room was so bright, it was impossible to get any more sleep.
The reception was not friendly at all! They made us left the room key there every time we went out, which was ok. That was not ok, was the use of creams and perfumes that were there! They didn't even assume that and refund us, since once we left they were responsible for our stuff! More, to use this items they needed to go through our stuff, because we always hide it!
Hope to save you from all the this trouble! If you want a relaxing time, do not stay in this Hostel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank RaqueldosSantos
Cairo
Reviewed 23 June 2014

It’s my 6th time to be in Barcelona, I used to book a certain hotel but this time was fully booked so I checked this Hostal and thought it will be ok. Actually the location was very good central the Ramblas and very close to liceu metro station. The room was very clean but was not faced the main street so no fresh air can enter the room. My stay was overall good but I think you can find better one with the same price. I can stay there again if they confirmed they will give me room facing the main street.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AMR S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed in this hostel on the Ramblas. It was my first time in a hostel, and my first time in Barcelona. The hostel was amazing, almost at hotel standard. I've stayed in 3 star hotels elsewhere in Spain and this was at a higher standard. The location is within easy reach of 2 metro stations and walking distance to the port and Plaça de Catalunya. It is also just across the street from Bario Gotic, the gotic quarter of the city. I'd recommend this place to friends and young adults, but one must remember that it is a hostel!

Room Tip: Ask for a newly done up room. These are almost to a hotel standard!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

This was my first time staying in a hostel and so I was very dubious about how it would be. To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised but not overwhelmed.

The room was very basic, with three single beds quite close together, a shower room, a few shelves and a safe (which was free). Although basic, you didn't need much more as the location is so good, it really is just a place to lay your head at night.

The staff were reasonably friendly, not overly helpful but all spoke English and provided directions or local info whenever we asked.

The rooms were fairly clean, the bathroom had appeared to have been swept/mopped and the bedding was clean. However, there were large clumps of dust on the floor under all three beds, which remained there even after the rooms had been cleaned which wasn't great.

Location wise, there is no better location as the hostel is located right on las ramblas, there is plenty to do locally and within walking distance and there is good transport Links. We mainly walked, or took taxis. Although it was located right on the Main Street, we weren't bothered by noise at night and slept soundly on all three nights.

I probably wouldn't stay there again as I prefer enjoy staying in hotels and the room was just a touch too dirty. However, as hostels go, I think it was probably quite a good option price wise. Perfect for young travellers who need a place to sleep in between activities and don't mind a bit of dust here and there!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Glasgow
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed for the always amazing Primavera festival in Barcelona. Hotel is excellent value for money. Great location on Las Ramblas, bright, fresh rooms which are cleaned daily, free wifi, air conditioning etc. The staff are exceptionally helpful and cheery. Can't rate this place highly enough, will be back next year for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LebowskiJag
Temecula, California, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Las Ramblas is an attraction in itself, and staying here you have Las Ramblas on your front step. Trying to burn calories, I usually took the stairs, but it's a puffer! Whew! There is an elevator too, to the modern, brightly decorated rooms and lobby of Hostal Benidorm. The price was very affordable, the staff was very helpful and always available at the front desk. The bathroom was very sleek---almost too sleek in the shower (careful!). Drawbacks that kept me from giving five dots: thin walls and dicey air conditioning. But still, it's a great choice for seeing the beautiful Barcelona.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends