Stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel is impressive when you enter, and staff incredibly helpful. Rooms do need a bit of a touch up however. We arrived early but were able to use the bathroom to get change and leave our luggage until later. Our room wasn't ready when we got back around 30 mins after the advised check in time of 2pm, but we didn't have to wait too long. They did offer us a glass of cava, so perhaps this is a common occurrence. The light in our room wasn't working, but a quick word to reception and it was fixed. The shower in our room was amazing. The weather wasn't great during our stay, we popped up to the roof top bar on a sunny moment and it did look nice, however was rather small and crowded, so get up their fast! We did pay the 15 euros each for breakfast as it was convenient. Also having looked around if you want a large breakfast this price didn't seem to bad, as some places were charging 10 euros for a breakfast plus then the cost of any drinks. The breakfast spread was fair, some food could have been hotter, but was all edible. The room we had was quiet, once the group of girls either side of us departed luckily after the first night. Again the hotel were obliging in checking whether these guests were staying for the rest of our stay when we went to complain about the constant noise, banging on the doors, and chatter in the corridors that night.
The location is probably the best feature of this hotel, as it is not too far to walk to different places.
One thing we did notice is that the aerobus stopped at universitat which is just up the road, but when we wanted to return, the bus stopped but didn't let us on!!! We are not sure whether it was because it was too busy, but considering people got off at that stop we thought they would have let us on. This did leave us slightly panicked as we then had to walk to the next stop at placa catalunya - not too far, and it does appear to be a main point so you should get on here. I also believe there is a stop at urgell which may be closer, but best to check in advance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a few metres from Placa Catalunya, Passeig de Gracia and Les Rambles, H10 Casanova is located in a beautifully refurbished 18th century building. The hotel’s services include the new Sky Bar terrace with views of Barcelona, bright, elegant rooms, the delightful Ona Lounge, a Despacio Spa Centre and 7 meeting rooms. The comfortable rooms at the H10 Casanova have very modern and functional decor and are equipped with all the amenities needed to ensure a pleasant stay. The Ona Lounge offers a selection of fusion tapas and a menu specialising in cocktails and premium gin and tonics. Weekends are party time with live DJ sessions. And on summer evenings, relax with a cocktail at our 8th floor Sky Bar, as you admire the sunset over Barcelona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Splitty, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, LateRooms, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your H10 Casanova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Casanova Hotel Barcelona
- Casanova By Rafael Hotel
- Casanova By Rafael Barcelona
- H10 Casanova Barcelona, Catalonia