“Great hotel to come back to after a hot and busy day of sightseeing”
Review of H10 Casanova

H10 Casanova
Ranked #93 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Great hotel to come back to after a hot and busy day of sightseeing”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I brought my boyfriend here for 3 nights for his birthday. We enjoyed a lovely cool glass of champagne on arrival (which was very welcome after walking half a mile down the road in the wrong direction). The reception staff were very attentive and helpful and their use of the English language was much appreciated (as our Spanish is shocking).
Our room was on the 6th floor- very spacious and comfortable. I was a bit worried that the noise from the road would keep us up at night but there are two double glazed doors so we did not hear any traffic noise. The shower was lovely in terms of space and pressure, and the air con was a great relief after a day out. You can pay just under €3 for a kettle which is always welcome with us Brits!
One thing we were not aware of was a hotel tax which was implemented a while ago for hotels which are 3* and above, but this didn't amount to a great deal.
We didn't eat at the hotel but there are plenty of cafés and reassurance around. Las Ramblas is a short walk, and the port is at the end of this so the hotel is in a great location for these. We actually bought a two day metro pass to get around which we found useful as there are two Metro stops very close to the hotel.

We enjoyed our stay at the H10 Cassanova and would like to thank the staff as they really were excellent!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Rebecca B
Jordi S, Public Relations Manager at H10 Casanova, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your opinion about the hotel.

It is very pleasing to know that your stay with us has been a wonderful experience.

We are looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Anna Juncosa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We chose this hotel after looking at reviews for a few different ones on Trip Advisor and we weren't disappointed. We were in Barcelona for a week celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and wanted a hotel that had a bit of everything. Whilst we didn't receive any complimentary upgrade or anything, our room was nice, modern, clean and well located with a view out over the corner of Cassanova and Gran Via de les courts Catalans - we did have a very welcome glass of Cava on arrival though, nice touch!

The whole hotel has a nice contemporary look and although the rooftop and plunge pool could do with being a bit bigger as it's pretty popular, we didn't struggle to get a chair or lounger when we needed one. Dessy on the sky bar was fantastic and the cocktails and bar food up there are good too! My husband used the gym room on a couple of occasions and although small, has what you need for a quick blast!

The location of the hotel is also great - only 10 mins or so from Place de Catalunya and La Rambla so no need for taxis most of the time. We even took a slow walk from the hotel to Park Guell, stopping at a couple of cafes on the way - not an easy walk but if you have time, it's good to explore around a bit.

All in all, a good hotel that we'd be happy to recommend or return to again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your feedback about your recently stay with us.

It is a pleasure to know that you had a good experience.

We are improving every day to provide incredible stays for our guests!

I hope to welcome you again,

Sunderland
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed for 5 nights at this hotel with my best friend. Lovely hotel very central and near to the Universitat Metro and a little further to Placa Catalunya and on to La Ramblas. All staff very friendly spoke English better than I. Our room (214) was situated at the front of the hotel facing the street with a balcony. The balcony was a little disappointing as access was via a very high step from the bedroom. Unfortunately I am not a very tall lady and even my very tall friend found it difficult to climb back up. However it was lovely to sit and watch the comings and goings of the busy road. I was apprehensive the first night thinking it would be very noisy, however I need not have worried as the two double glazed doors shut out all noise of the street. The room was spacious and had a decent bathroom with a very good shower area. (I could have stayed in the shower all day!) My only reservation was the two steps down from the entrance area into the bedroom, although 'very modern' a bit of a nightmare when you had to use the toilet during the night (without putting the light on to disturb one's friend) and I was convinced I would fall. However this did not happen. We did not use the restaurant other than for breakfast which offered a good choice of fruit, breads, continental and English style menus. The coffee machines needed a 'degree' to work out but once the penny dropped they were fine. The hotel did have a lovely roof-top bar area for that 'end of a good day' nightcap with beautiful views of the city. All in all I would recommend this hotel.

Barcelona is a wonderful city to visit. Take advantage of the open top tour buses - hop on and off - we found the two day ticket very handy. If you are interested in the history of Gaudi, La Pedrera and Casa Batillo well worth a visit but not everyone's cup of tea! We had a lovely day at the Tabidabo Church high up on the hill with fabulous views of the city and the famous tram ride and Funicular to reach the top. Sagrada Familia is a very popular tourist stop and expect a long wait to go inside. If you have time spend a day at the Zoo it's a lovely attraction. I Love Barcelona and cannot wait to return...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Jordi S, Public Relations Manager at H10 Casanova, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your feedback about your recently stay with us.

It is a pleasure to know that you had a good experience.

We are improving every day to provide incredible stays for our guests!

I hope to welcome you again,

Scotland
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Reception staff very helpful, wonderful welcome. Stunning hotel with Skybar pool. One of best hotels we have ever stayed in. Jesus the bar man was very informative and funny too. Excellent service we will most certainly be booking again. Food amazing!

Room Tip: Room 717 was amazing just below Skybar pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the staff, I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion of your stay in our Hotel.

It is always a pleasure to read this kind of comments of our Hotel, especially of our staff. Please be sure that I will communicate them your opinion.

We are really looking forward to welcome you soon.

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in June 2014. On arriving at the hotel, first impressions were good. The reception lobby is large bright, modern, contemporary space. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful and offered us a complementary glass of cava of arrival. Checking in was swift and efficient. Our rooms was lovely, modern and everything I expected form seeing the photographs on the internet etc. The room although facing the road had a set of double French doors onto a small balcony area which blocked out all sound. The room was strangely quiet, given its location onto a main road.

I can’t fault the room, it had a large comfy bed, good black-out curtains and was well decorated. The shower room too was of a high quality and had high quality fixtures etc. The room was certainty luxurious and had a high quality 4 star feel about it. I didn’t have breakfast at the hotel so can’t comment on this. The location is very good, being very close to Universtat Plaza.

One afternoon we visited the roof terrace, which is pleasant. The pool is very small and bar is expensive but it does provide a nice area for a drink etc. Overall my stay at this hotel was fairly faultless and I would highly recommend it. I very much enjoyed our stay here and would stay here again.

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your comments, I am glad to learn that you had a good stay with us.

Warm regards from all H10 Casanova team,

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

if this is what you want for app £100 per night go for it. if you cause for complaint do it, if you do not complain then the staff will think everything is fine. on a good point our complaints werte treated promptly.

1 Thank truthfull2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting about your stay at H10 Casanova.

We appreciate your suggestions in order to improve our service.

Once again, thank you for sharing your opinion,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was planning a vacation to Barcelona with my girlfriend and stumbled across H10 Casanova while looking on Tripadvisor for hotel recommendation. Thank you tripadvisor reviewers for your comments - we found H10 to be perfect. Great location and comfortable rooms. The part I would like to highlight is the incredible help from the front desk. I somehow managed to knock my front tooth out at a disco on the Saturday evening we were there. Sunday morning (well, probably afternoon!) I managed to crawl to the front desk in horrific embarrassment with one front tooth. Being that my Spanish is less than perfect, my smile managed to give it away and within seconds the gentleman at the front desk had called an emergency dentist, printed out directions and assured me everything would be OK! Within the hour I had my front tooth back. The customer service was exceptional. Thank you again for being great hosts!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ASterbinsky
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your kindly words about your stay.

Will be a pleasure receiving you again during future stays in Barcelona.