This hotel lies within the heart of Barcelona, near to the University. It is a very modern hotel, 4 stars and apparently part of Small Luxury Hotels of the World. It certainly is 4 stars, but not luxury....
Arriving in the summer heat, I'm getting out of my cab, dragging my 2 big cases towards the hotel entrace...help is nowhere in reach. What happened to the luxury hotels that provide a door man? Getting into the entrance, a short flight of stairs lies ahead of me and I continue my struggle towards the reception. The receptionist clearly sees me, but decides to ignore my heavy luggage struggle. Welcome!
After check in finally a sort of porter arrives, happy to help me with my luggage up to my room. The room looks modern and comfortable. The bathroom however is very dark, not very practical...and worst of all greets me with a big silverfish bug in the bath tub/shower. Thanks God I have my flip flops with me!
Once unpacked I'm out to explore the town...
Am back. Tired, looking forward to a good night sleep before a long and hectic business day. Unfortunately my room faces the Gran Via, and the recently renovated hotel forgot to put in some double glazing!! Ear plugs in... still no rest and that is all night. I would have preferred an aiport hotel.
Off to a grumpy start - let's get some breakfast. A typically Spanish breakfast menu - not a problem, but the waiters should change their shirts from time to time. Not only am I tired now, I also lost all appetite and worst of all feel slightly sick!
Before leaving for my appointments I ask to change my room in the hope to get some sleep the following night. That all seems fine. Great!
Back in the evening I decided to try the bar. The atmosphere is a bit stiff - shame, after all we are in Barcelona, but I must admit the bar man is first class! Congrats - a real star.
My new room is quiet, without any bugs so I have an early night and get some well earned sleep.
The location of the hotel is generally good, but unfortunately there is no outside public area to have a drink or some food, which is a shame. The standard is ok, but if you are looking for luxury - go somewhere else. Also this hotel lacks atmosphere, a real shame because this is something you somehow expect when coming to Barcelona.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a few metres from Placa Catalunya, Passeig de Gracia and Les Rambles, H10 Casanova is located in a beautifully refurbished 18th century building. The hotel’s services include the new Sky Bar terrace with views of Barcelona, bright, elegant rooms, the delightful Ona Lounge, a Despacio Spa Centre and 7 meeting rooms. The comfortable rooms at the H10 Casanova have very modern and functional decor and are equipped with all the amenities needed to ensure a pleasant stay. The Ona Lounge offers a selection of fusion tapas and a menu specialising in cocktails and premium gin and tonics. Weekends are party time with live DJ sessions. And on summer evenings, relax with a cocktail at our 8th floor Sky Bar, as you admire the sunset over Barcelona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your H10 Casanova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Casanova Hotel Barcelona
- Casanova By Rafael Hotel
- Casanova By Rafael Barcelona
- H10 Casanova Barcelona, Catalonia