“Amazing place”

Ranked #84 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing place”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I stayed at soho hotel a few years ago and still remember it from time to time. The roof pool is stunning, the location in Gran Via is convenient, the staff was sooo friendly, my room was beautiful with lot of natural light, the bed was super comfy, the bathroom was huge and minimalistic, omg the breakfast in the backyard...seriously one of the best hotels I've ever been, 120 % recommended. I go to barcelona like twice a year but I stay at my boyfriend's familyhouse, they are lovely people, but sometimes Iam tempted to stay at Soho instead :)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2013

My girlfriend and I spent our anniversary at the Soho Hotel. It's in a great central location, only a 10 minute walk (for most) to la ramblas and the central placa catalunya. I only know basic Spanish which is enough to get by but the staff were extremely helpful and spoke very good English. The rooms were modern and very comfortable to be in, the hotel had a sort of stylish "swagger" about it. Would be great for couples, families and even those in Barcelona on business.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Soho Hotel in Barcelona is a great hotel.

The rooms are spacious and the decor is very trendy.

Its situated in a prominent location
- Aerobus station is located 2 minutes away from the hotel (you can take aerobus from airport to the hotel..it more reasonable around €5.00pp and safe compared to hiring a taxi cab)
- Metro station "Urgell" is located next to the hotel
-10 mints walking distance to La Ramblas

The hotel staff were fluent in English. I dealt with Mr. Tejasvi Gonga and he was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Two friends and I stayed at Soho Hotel in the Urban room. Firstly, I must commend the service of this hotel, especially the guy at the reception. Regrettably I never got his name but he was one there for most of the day shift. He had a nearly-shaven hair cut. He was extremely helpful with all our questions and always reminded us to watch our belongings when touring the city. The hotel itself is a bit rundown, in my opinion, but his impeccable service really made us enjoy the hotel that much more. Also, prior to booking the hotel, I was very impressed with the speed to which the hotel responds to emails. They would literally respond within 10mins which was supremely helpful.

With regards to the room, I felt it was in need of some renovation. The blinds seemed like they were going to fall apart. The bathroom had an open shower, meaning the glass only covered barely half of the tub so whenever and however we showered, water will spill all over the bathroom floor. My friend actually slipped when coming out of the shower. We were very relieved that she didn't sustain any injuries.

The location was good. It takes about 15mins to walk to Las Ramblas. There is also a subway station nearby. To get to the hotel from the airpot, you can take the Aerobus and get off at Gran Via Urgell. The hotel is about 200meters from the bus stop. Walk in the same direction as the bus.

I would recommend this hotel because of its quality service.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, try to get a room away from the streets. We were facing the streets and...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Recepció H, Reception Staff at Soho Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post an excellent review regarding our hotel and team on TripAdvisor.

It's always good for the Staff to be able to read these reviews. Your comments regarding the bathroom and blinds have been taken up with the Maintenance team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Hotel Soho is in the Eixample district of Barcelona and was fabulous. It is a boutique hotel and has the most gracious and helfpful staff. My partner does not speak Spanish (I do) and the staff was completely bilingual (actually they spoke numerous languages) and recommended some great "out of the way" places that were the highlights of the trip. The room and whole hotel was immaculate, quiet (we faced the courtyard) and a pleasure to stay in. The price was moderate to reasonable (exchange rate for US $'s is what it is....) and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Recepció H, Reception Staff at Soho Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay here at Soho Hotel Barcelona. Your feedback enables us to better understand the perception of our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the best,

Aberdeen
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My sister and I stayed at Soho at the end of May for my birthday weekend and it was brilliant. The rooms were very modern and absolutely spotless. The hotel was in great location, within walking distance to La Rambla and many other attractions - it also felt safe; the hotel and the location, which is always reassuring. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and we were upgraded for free which was a nice touch!

We had a great view from our room out onto the main street, which in turn made the room a little noisy with traffic and sirens...though it didn't keep me awake and would rather have a great, noisy view than a quiet, boring view! The interior walls however felt at some points like they're made out of rice paper - I was woken most mornings by the occupants next door running water/turning the shower on which seemed to be pretty noisy in our room! Though it was quite a good alarm clock...! This did not ruin out stay though.

It seemed a relatively quiet hotel, in a good way. The pool and upstairs seating area were great if you have time to chill out. The Wifi was pretty weak in our room - I had to hold my phone in certain parts of the room to actually get a signal (bathroom had great signal!).

But apart from those insignificant things, fantastic hotel, 10/10!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your direct feedback on us here on TripAdvisor.
We are glad that you did enjoy your time in Barcelona and especially your stay at the Soho Hotel.

Many thanks for the nice review and we will do our best to go further.

Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayes at the SOHO hotel this May. We were travelling with a 3-year old child. Due to that fact we were given a larger room with views of the inner courtyard which we thought was very nice gesture from the hotel staff. The hotel is very nice and modern. Its location is amazing, under 10 minutes walking distance to La Rambla and Plaza Catalunya, 15-20 minutes walking distance to Magic Fountain on Plaza Espana. The staff is very helpful (they gave us with tips on where to go, printed out our boarding passes....). WIFI was ok, we didn't have breakfast at the hotel (I really recommend Escriba bakery right accross the street and a small store which sells eco fruits, vegetables and dairy, which is right next door) nior did we use the pool.
I would really recommend this hotel to anyone going to Barcelona.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ivana_Zagreb1
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your five star review on us here on TripAdvisor.

Words like "location is amazing, the staff is very helpful" just sound great and make us feel very happy. Thank you very much for that!

We are looking forward to your return visit, hopefully in the near future.