“Beautiful boutique hotel”
Review of Soho Hotel

Soho Hotel
Ranked #80 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Pros
- Room: They were quite stunning for a boutique hotel. Loved the color combination and how the room had been decorated. Very clean from our bed to the bathrooms. We never heard any noises as some people complained. If you close the balcony door at night, you should be able to eliminate the noise.
- Food: We never got a chance to try out the breakfast there. However, I will recommend the desert store across the hotel. The deserts, drinks and especially the chocolate was to die for.
- WiFi: It worked perfectly fine for us.
- Staff: They were absolutely amazing. Everyone was so helpful when we needed help finding a restaurant, metro stop or any sightseeing area. The staff at the reception spent good 10-15 minutes showing us each location we would ask every morning :).
- Transportation: There is a metro of 2 minute walking distance. We took a taxi from the airport which came to about 30 euros.

Cons
- Location: I found the hotel to be a distant from the main hub of attractions. This is from a first time tourist perspective to Barcelona. As for our first time, I would've preferred to stay in las ramblas neighborhood which is where all the restaurants, attractions were. We had to take the metro(s) to all the restaurants and attractions. It takes about 30 minutes to walk to las ramblas or a 30 minute walk to la pedrera.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,303)

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed at SOHO Barcelona for 4 nights in the middle of June, and loved it! The staff were all so friendly at all hours of the day. Not just friendly, but always happy and keen to go the further mile to improve my visit to Barcelona when out and about. The rooms were immaculate, clean and just so cool/trendy. The pool was amazing too, had a great time there especially helped by the excellent weather while I was there. I will definitely be staying at SOHO Barcelona next time I go there! Thank you to all the staff :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I stayed at soho hotel a few years ago and still remember it from time to time. The roof pool is stunning, the location in Gran Via is convenient, the staff was sooo friendly, my room was beautiful with lot of natural light, the bed was super comfy, the bathroom was huge and minimalistic, omg the breakfast in the backyard...seriously one of the best hotels I've ever been, 120 % recommended. I go to barcelona like twice a year but I stay at my boyfriend's familyhouse, they are lovely people, but sometimes Iam tempted to stay at Soho instead :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2013

My girlfriend and I spent our anniversary at the Soho Hotel. It's in a great central location, only a 10 minute walk (for most) to la ramblas and the central placa catalunya. I only know basic Spanish which is enough to get by but the staff were extremely helpful and spoke very good English. The rooms were modern and very comfortable to be in, the hotel had a sort of stylish "swagger" about it. Would be great for couples, families and even those in Barcelona on business.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Soho Hotel in Barcelona is a great hotel.

The rooms are spacious and the decor is very trendy.

Its situated in a prominent location
- Aerobus station is located 2 minutes away from the hotel (you can take aerobus from airport to the hotel..it more reasonable around €5.00pp and safe compared to hiring a taxi cab)
- Metro station "Urgell" is located next to the hotel
-10 mints walking distance to La Ramblas

The hotel staff were fluent in English. I dealt with Mr. Tejasvi Gonga and he was very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Two friends and I stayed at Soho Hotel in the Urban room. Firstly, I must commend the service of this hotel, especially the guy at the reception. Regrettably I never got his name but he was one there for most of the day shift. He had a nearly-shaven hair cut. He was extremely helpful with all our questions and always reminded us to watch our belongings when touring the city. The hotel itself is a bit rundown, in my opinion, but his impeccable service really made us enjoy the hotel that much more. Also, prior to booking the hotel, I was very impressed with the speed to which the hotel responds to emails. They would literally respond within 10mins which was supremely helpful.

With regards to the room, I felt it was in need of some renovation. The blinds seemed like they were going to fall apart. The bathroom had an open shower, meaning the glass only covered barely half of the tub so whenever and however we showered, water will spill all over the bathroom floor. My friend actually slipped when coming out of the shower. We were very relieved that she didn't sustain any injuries.

The location was good. It takes about 15mins to walk to Las Ramblas. There is also a subway station nearby. To get to the hotel from the airpot, you can take the Aerobus and get off at Gran Via Urgell. The hotel is about 200meters from the bus stop. Walk in the same direction as the bus.

I would recommend this hotel because of its quality service.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, try to get a room away from the streets. We were facing the streets and...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Recepció H, Reception Staff at Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post an excellent review regarding our hotel and team on TripAdvisor.

It's always good for the Staff to be able to read these reviews. Your comments regarding the bathroom and blinds have been taken up with the Maintenance team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reception Staff

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Hotel Soho is in the Eixample district of Barcelona and was fabulous. It is a boutique hotel and has the most gracious and helfpful staff. My partner does not speak Spanish (I do) and the staff was completely bilingual (actually they spoke numerous languages) and recommended some great "out of the way" places that were the highlights of the trip. The room and whole hotel was immaculate, quiet (we faced the courtyard) and a pleasure to stay in. The price was moderate to reasonable (exchange rate for US $'s is what it is....) and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Recepció H, Reception Staff at Soho Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay here at Soho Hotel Barcelona. Your feedback enables us to better understand the perception of our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the best,