We spent just over a month in Spain and Portugal, and of all of the places we stayed this is the only one that disappointed us. If we had just stayed one night we likely would have been happy, but after three nights we found that there were too many issues to really call our stay enjoyable.
First, the good news. The location is great, just a few blocks from Las Ramblas, within easy walking distance of Sagrada Familia and many other attractions, and relatively easy to find, even in a large city like Barcelona.
Now for the bad news. The hotel was way too over-decorated. This isn't just a matter of personal taste - we found that it was so cluttered that it was difficult to find room for our own stuff. At first it was quaint, but then it just became irritating. Toiletries were not replaced. Several of our bath towels had holes in them. Cleanliness of the floors was not great - we ran our foot towel over the floor in the bathroom after a shower, and it came up dirty. The bathroom is too small for any of your own toiletries (ie shaver, makeup) to be stored. We had a room that adjoined the outside terrace. That was ok as long as your neighbours were quiet when they used it, but that wasn't always the case and several times we were awoken by groups having an early breakfast on the terrace. If the neighbours don't wake you up, then the birds in the cages likely will. I love birds, and don't mind waking up to bird song, but one of the caged birds had a metallic screech that sounded like some of the toys that the street vendors on Las Ramblas were hawking.
Overall, we were definitely expecting better. I would not recommend this hotel for a stay greater than one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L´Antic Espai arises after a dream of creating in Barcelona a special space with an old world charm. we create an place in which always, we wished to enjoy a pleasant stay and where you feel like in your own house. Our services and personalized treatment will make you to remember and miss us for ever in all trips you plan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hostal L' Antic Espai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal l` Antic Espai Hotel Barcelona
- Hostal L' Antic Espai Barcelona, Catalonia