We stayed here based on other Tripadvisor reviews and were pleasantly rewarded. The tiny Hostal is located on the 2nd floor of a very old building so there is no elevator, only narrow steps. The owner, Abel, was gracious with helping us heave our bags up and down the steps. When we arrived there was a freshly made pitcher of cold sangria on our bedside stand. Abel, his partner, and staff went way out of their way to make us feel welcome. He even drove us to a flea market one day and to our cruise ship terminal when we checked out. The rooms are uniquely decorated with eclectic antiques and very clean. Our room had a balcony overlooking the street below which was nice. The glass doors to the balcony are new and block out street noise quite well.The heavy drapes muffled any noise or ambient light and we both slept well.
The Hostal is located within walking distance of Playa Cataluyna , the central point for getting around in this part of town. My mother and I felt safe enough in the area even when we walked at night. There was free internet access as well.
If you are looking for a reasonably priced and quiet place in BCN, this is it!!! Truly a hidden gem made possible by the awesome owners and staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L´Antic Espai arises after a dream of creating in Barcelona a special space with an old world charm. we create an place in which always, we wished to enjoy a pleasant stay and where you feel like in your own house. Our services and personalized treatment will make you to remember and miss us for ever in all trips you plan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) and HotelsClick so you can book your Hostal L' Antic Espai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal l` Antic Espai Hotel Barcelona
- Hostal L' Antic Espai Barcelona, Catalonia