Hostal L'Antic Espai - Gran Via de las Corts Catalans 660
A lot of what I read about this place seemed to match up with the reviews I had read on TripAdvisor (TA), but I cannot say I would return here if I could get a room at the nearby Hostal Girona.
I'll start with the positives, it is in a great location just at the bottom of Eixample near the Ramblas, Barri Gotic and Born and also not too far from the Sagrada Familia. You are surrounded by Metro stops and it is very accessible.
I absolutely loved the finger print entry system, very Mission Impossible. On arriving Sergio on the front desk was pleasant and welcoming, providing me with a map, showing me my room, the terrace etc, all good.
My room was 108 near the front desk and main door which did prove to be a problem as you hear everyone passing by and the main door slamming at all times of the day and night, ask for a room further away if you can. The room itself was very cramped, but the room sizes were mentioned in TA so no qualms there, although I wouldn't of wanted to share such a small space. The bathroom was again small and as my synonym alludes I am a larger bloke and I found that I only just, just, fitted in the shower, but again sort of expected if not to such a sardine like extent.
As soon as I arrived I pointed out that the air con in my room was not working, Sergio promised to look at it and when I returned that evening there was a propellor fan in there, which took the edge off the heat, sort of. Sergio explained that he would get it looked at in the morning. This didn't happen and until I had to leave and pay Sergio was not in evidence, I found this a bit annoying and would have hated to share my cell with anyone with no air con to cool it down.
I did get breakfast thrown in with the room, it wasn't really worth it, soggy toast and a dried out croissant, which is a shame as it looked nice.
I am sorry to say I found this place to be somewhat of a let down but I could see why others may have had a much better experience.
Tips, this is up three steep flights of stairs, no lift, do not have room 108, ensure your air con works and get breakfast out in Barcelona, its lovely :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L´Antic Espai arises after a dream of creating in Barcelona a special space with an old world charm. we create an place in which always, we wished to enjoy a pleasant stay and where you feel like in your own house. Our services and personalized treatment will make you to remember and miss us for ever in all trips you plan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hostal L' Antic Espai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal l` Antic Espai Hotel Barcelona
- Hostal L' Antic Espai Barcelona, Catalonia