Although we liked the location and found room 102 to be surprisingly quiet, we were put off by most of the rest of the hotel. You enter by climbing a flight of well worn, poorly lit and poorly maintained stairs to enter a world full of stuff. There is stuff everywhere – the halls are packed with things to the point that navigation is difficult. Reception is a collection of furniture, phones, computers and more stuff. The communal kitchen looks like something you would find in a frat house – stuff everywhere and a refrigerator crammed with everybody’s stuff. The room is not large and again filled with stuff including a huge armoire that takes up way too much space, holds more than any traveler would ever bring and was broken to boot. The bathroom is tiny – really tiny – and not all that clean as the tile had signs of mold. The room and the bathroom had an interesting old tile floor which – had it been clean would have been a feature. The floor was obviously very old and to be charitable, maybe old tile just looks dirty but to us it wasn’t attractive.
We would have rated L’ Antic Espai lower if not for the location and Danny who was friendly, outgoing and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L´Antic Espai arises after a dream of creating in Barcelona a special space with an old world charm. we create an place in which always, we wished to enjoy a pleasant stay and where you feel like in your own house. Our services and personalized treatment will make you to remember and miss us for ever in all trips you plan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hostal L' Antic Espai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal l` Antic Espai Hotel Barcelona
- Hostal L' Antic Espai Barcelona, Catalonia