First visit to Barcelona and already trying to plan a return! This hotel, as mentioned by others, is very easy to find. If you arrive at a good time, don't bother with a taxi from the airport, just catch the bus which is every 10 mins during the day, to placa Catalunya and then a 10 min walk up the road for less than 6 euros each.
The hotel is up a steep flight of steps with no lift, I don't think, so could be tricky for some. Full of delicate antiques on display so not suitable for children but Sergio, who met us, was terrific. Gave us really useful info about tapas bars and we loved Ciudad Condal which was the closest and best but go early or be prepared to hang around for a seat. Absolutely delicious tapas but fab atmosphere and staff clearly happy and so friendly.
We had room 105 at the hotel with a cute balcony at the back. I think only 3 rooms have access to this back balcony so ask for it if that's what you want. It was very quiet and calm and we had breakfast one day there but the mornings were still quite cool when we went in early April, so the other days we had breakfast in the small breakfast area.
We chose the Spanish breakfast which was very good value at €5 pp and consisted of a couple of gorgeous croissants, pot of coffee, enormous jug of orange juice. There were other options for breakfast but this was perfect for us.
The room was really quaint, comfortable, clean, lovely decor with paintings etc everywhere.
From this location it was very easy to walk everywhere. We didn't use the metro once but walked to Parc Guell ( although it is a long walk!) La Sagrada Famila, easy walk to La Rambla, and the port etc. We took a bike tour which was brilliant and to be recommended ( another review) as cycling is very easy and safe and means you can explore the beach and old streets very quickly.
The hotel is very safe and secure and another guest suggested leaving passports etc in the hotel as they had had theirs stolen by pickpockets during their previous stay. Barcelona as a city feels very safe (apart from pickpockets)
We booked tickets on line whilst we were there for La Sagrada and Sergio printed them off for us which I would recommend to avoid queues. Sergio and his team were delightful and so helpful. We felt sad to leave and hope to visit his L'antic Espai in Cuba one day!
Really, it was a fantastic trip and this hotel was a big part of that. If you want a modern spacious room in a hotel chain then this is Not for you, but if you like something out of the ordinary, with a family feel, this is it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L´Antic Espai arises after a dream of creating in Barcelona a special space with an old world charm. we create an place in which always, we wished to enjoy a pleasant stay and where you feel like in your own house. Our services and personalized treatment will make you to remember and miss us for ever in all trips you plan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hostal L' Antic Espai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal l` Antic Espai Hotel Barcelona
- Hostal L' Antic Espai Barcelona, Catalonia