Hostal L' Antic Espai
US$217
US$256
US$226
  • Pool
All reviewsantique furnitureno liftsitting roomsingle roomtourist siteswonderful citysergiogranspainbuzzersangriaaerobus
Reviewed 9 September 2009

Better late than never to recommend this absolutely perfect find.

I can't add anything that the other reviewers haven't already raved about --just know that we agree. Abel, Sergio and the staff are extremely attentive but never intrusive. The little things make such a difference.

We stayed in Room 102, which is definitely the best room. It has an adjacent sitting room which overlooks the main street. If you can, request this room! That said, there are perhaps quieter rooms - the street is busy - but it's worth it.

My wife and I agree... this hotel really made our trip...Stay here and you won't be disappointed...

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snack00
Reviewed 9 September 2009

I needed a room for 3 nights and called directly looking for a "Hostal". I had Mr. Alban on the phone and he offered me a discount price which made me think: "it'll be a simple small room with a small little window to the air-shaft, like most of the cheap hostals in Barcelona. I hope it's clean and the air conditioning is working.
When I arrived and I saw the incredible care and love that these guys have put into the decoration it blew me away. But not only the outside is great, and very special, also the service and the condition of the bathrooms, the way you are taken care of and the "specialness" of just everything is unique. Even the collection of DVDs that are available have a special class. I started out with a bigger room that leads to a charming littel Patio where my breakfeast was served while I sat under exotic plants listening to the chatter of a few birds in old fashioned cages. But also the "small" single room was more then OK. The window/door led to an air-shaft.. true. But the owner made an effort to decorate even this small space in way to feel good. A green grass mat and antique lamps make you feel "special" even in an air-shaft. The air conditioning is quiet and effective. But most important is the amiable service that the "friends" there offer. Go and check it out. And stay away if you are a "Interconti" or "Hilton" kind of person. And leave this little gem to us, the "connoisseurs" Thank you guys for putting all this effort in your place to make us feel "special" Wolfgang Wimmer.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Stayed for only one night with my two daughters post a cruise. We love Hostal L'antic and Barcelona as our stay was much too short. We love staying in smaller, interesting hotels and L'antic does not disappoint. We had room 104 which sleeps 3 comfortably. It is nicely furnished with antiques and very clean. We met with Sergio, Abel and Axel who were extremely helpful. They take a lot of pride and joy in their hotel and helping their guests. With such a short time we took their advice on where to eat and what to see. We were not disappointed. Abel and Sergio's taste is impeccable.

We had to leave early to go to the airport and had a nice quiet breakfast on their terrace and booked Abel to take us to the airport for a very reasonable price.

It was a easy walk every where. The girls loved Las Ramblas and the exciting activity there. We will definitely come back to Barcelona and Hostal L'Antic.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2009

After overcoming our fear of breaking something in this beautiful anitique Hostal we had the best time ever. The owners of this hostal were the most helpfull and lovely people and their small dog just made it even better :). It felt like home... We all agree that if we ever need a Hostal in Barcelona again this one will be our first priority.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2009

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our two day stay. The hosts are most helpful and run a delightful antique styled hotel. We particularly enjoyed the beautifully presented breakfast on the patio. The location is but a short walk from the Ramblas. The maid kept the place quite clean.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple