“Excellent hotel in great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Catalonia Square

Catalonia Square
Ranked #12 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
Shrewsbury, New Jersey
“Excellent hotel in great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is a brand new hotel right next to Catalonia Square. We were treated to a complimentary bottle of Cava and a fabulous room. The staff was impeccable, helpful and very courteous. They recommended and booked wonderful restaurants for us. Everyone spoke great english which was helpful. We were there for 6 nights so we got a great feel for the hotel. Just wonderful. It's located at the top of Las Ramblas and the entrance to the old city and the gothic district and near convenient metro stops.The only suggestion I have is regarding the toiletries in the bathroom. Most hotels supply shampoo, conditioner and a body soap. Here it's an all in one bottle which doesn't work for most people, especially women! That's the only thing I'd change. Just a great luxury hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Jill G
Yolanda C, Director Hotel at Catalonia Square, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear guest,
First at all thank you very much for the time you spend written your comments about our hotel, it is helps us to improve our service.
We are very happy to know that your stayed with us was fine and we hoppe to see you again very soon.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

After living in Barcelona for 10 years, I came back as a visitor for work purposes. I normally like calm locations, but in this case, being right in the center of everything and with NO NOISE in the rooms was my best choice.
The hotel facilities are really good for the price you pay. The rooms are brand new and super clean. The breakfast is super complete and I thought it was perfect to have snacks & beverages available for free throughout the day. Big plus!
The staff is excellent, very attentive and super nice.
In this case I stayed alone, but would definitely stay with my family! it is really convenient.
And I got a very nice surprise of finding that there was a very cute swimming pool at the terrace. Great for an early morning refreshing splash :)

My only concern is that the elevators take too much time to get to your floor, and the buttons get stuck in certain floors, which made me have to go up or down the stairs when I wasn't into a working out mood. I hope that this gets fixed, especially for safety purposes.

Room Tip: I chose a room in a high floor facing the interior because I'm very sensitive with noise. If thi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,
I am very happy to know that your stayed with us was fine and I hoppe to see you again very soon.

Best regards,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We (2 couples) booked 2 rooms and stayed in the hotel for 5 nights. The hotel in general is very clean & new. Rooms are spacious & wifi is commendable. The idea of inviting their guests to help themselves to snacks, drinks, coffee etc in the lounge is an amazing gesture. ALL the staff on duty during the 5 nights that we stayed were warm & courteous, friendly & extremely helpful.

The location of the hotel is EXCELLENT - close to Metro, airport bus stop (Aerobus) and is only walking distance to Las Rambla & other popular tourist spots. There's plenty of eateries and shops in its vicinity & It's located directly opposite one of the bigger department stores. For ardent shoppers, the bus stop where you board the bus to La Roca Factory Outlet is just a stone throw away from the hotel.

We will definitely stay in this hotel again when we next visit Barcelona & will certainly recommend this hotel highly to our friends. To whoever is looking for accommodation in Barcelona, "Look No More! You will NOT go wrong with this hotel pick"

2 Thank Grace B
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you on behalf of the entire Hotel for your comments. These type of comments allow us to improve our service every day.We hope to see you soon at the Hotel.
Bests Regards

RI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel is wonderfully located, well appointed and nicely modern. The rooms are comfortable as is the foyer. My only complaint was customer service and this may have something to do with start up pains since the hotel did not open long ago. There are three aspects to the latter - all of which, if addressed could have made my stay that much nicer. 1. Check in - my room was not ready by check in 2. When I did get my room the air conditioning did not work - they insisted I wait longer to see if it would work but finally accepted that it was broken and moved me to another room (incidentally a handicapped room which was not as nice as my first room..) 3. There is a nice snack selection offered in the foyer 1 pm to midnight but the workers constantly quizzed us as to our room numbers (numerous times) presumably to make sure we were guests but it really started to grate on me after the 7th or 8th time...it seems like this could be done in a less combative manner. Fix these customer service issues and I would rate the hotel "5". Also, the gym should be kept open 24/7 instead it is locked up in the evening.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FrankRi
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you on behalf of the entire Hotel for your comments. These type of comments allow us to improve our service every day.We hope to see you soon at the Catalonia Square.

Bests Regards

mt1281
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel gave us pleasant surprises around every corner. At check-in, Kenia was so helpful. We were a little disappointed to not be able to get an early check-in, however we waited in the lounge with access to free snacks and Nespresso.

After check-in, we were given the keys to our room which was clean, modern, and just the right size. The design of the room was wonderful. The staff was always available and there if we needed anything.

We did not eat the breakfast here, because we are not "large" breakfast people but there are plenty of cafes around the corner where one can get a coffee and a quick breakfast. However, I cannot say enough how much we appreciated the complimentary snacks from 13:00 until midnight every day.

Lastly, the location of this hotel is perfect. It is literally a 45 second walk to Catalonia Square and then across the park to Las Ramblas.

I would recommend it highly. We are a young couple from Los Angeles, and it was perfect for us.

Unrelated to the hotel, we did a bicycle tour of BCN that left from Catalonia Square which was a great way to see the city.

3 Thank mt1281
Yolanda C, Director Hotel at Catalonia Square, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear guest,
We really appreciate your positive comments about our hotel. The costumer’s opinion is a top priority for us and it helps us to constantly improve. I would like to use this opportunity to say that we would like to welcome you again in the future.

Herefordshire UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is a very comfortable new hotel within less than 100 metres of Plaza de Catalunya. It is, therefore, close to Las Ramblas, to the Metro and to bus routes to and from the airport and around the city. We had a large superior room with very modern decor and a balcony from which we could see the Plaza. The breakfast buffet was extensive and excellent and the availability of a wide range of snacks offered free-of-charge in the restaurant from 1pm to late was a very convenient bonus. Service throughout our 3 day stay was outstanding

1 Thank LedburyTraveller
Yolanda C, Director Hotel at Catalonia Square, responded to this review, 20 June 2014

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Booked this hotel for 2 nights before a Cruise so wanted to do as much as possible and to be central location
This turned out to be exactly the right choice it was a 10.00 pm arrival and we got the airbus from the airport and I think it was three stops the bus stopped just across in the square so it was literally a 1 min walk
The reception area was lovely and they were helpful and also a porter who took luggage to the room for us
When we got to our room he explained every little detail from air-con to the Nespresso machine ( nice surprise) how the shower worked also turned on TV and shown all the channels etc
The room was lovely and modern and had everything we wanted and a free big bottle of water
We also had free toiletries and it contained lots of little extras
Didn't get breakfast but after 1 there were free little snacks /pastries around the bar area and coffee so could grab a snack if needed I when going back for a quick change
The pool area was lovely and modern too and our room had a pool view
The reception were great and were on hand for maps and to book excursions etc
Would recommend this hotel for sure if you want a good location too

1 Thank Jackie G