“Great location & convenience”
other travellers have booked this property
dinning room outside
room
room
dinning room
bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
MadhuSTL
Saint Louis
“Great location & convenience”
Reviewed 9 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Comfort & convenience in a great location. We stayed for 4 nights from Mar 20th through 24th. It was a bit chilly in Barcelona so it was great to come back to a warm & cozy apartment after a long day of sightseeing. There are some great restaurants nearby away from the touristy spots like La Rambla & Plaza Catalunya. Highly recommend this place for a family of four.

Marilyn S
Denver, Colorado
“Great apartment, Great location”
Reviewed 1 December 2017 for a stay in November 2017

The apartment is well-equipped and comfortable. The beds are comfortable. The location is great. There are shops and a market just one half a block away. We walked every place in the city. It's a perfect apartment for two couples or a couple and an individual. The front bedroom is a bit loud from traffic noise on weekend nights, but it's not bad. The owners allowed us to stay two extra nights for minimal rent. Our flights were delayed and the apartment was open those nights. That was a big help. I recommend this apartment.

Jonathan...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable flat in an ideal location”
Reviewed 10 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

The four of us thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Barcelona and this flat was a significant part of our positive experience. It is located in a 'real' neighbourhood within the city centre -- not a tourist-heavy part -- and yet it is convenient to everywhere we wanted to visit.
The flat itself was clean, attractive, well-maintained, properly equipped and just right for two couples (but not more than four people). When a minor problem arose, Miriam had it resolved immediately in a friendly manner.
It would be a pleasure to be able to stay there again.

alanleis
Naperville, Illinois
“Wonderful Neighborhood, Wonderfull Place”
Reviewed 13 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

This apartment was exactly as advertised. It was comfortable and very well furnished. The kitchen was modern and very functional and included a washer-dryer (one unit). The neighborhood was walking distance to the main square but was in a very quiet area.

We loved the neighborhood and found many great restaurants within walking distance. Walking across the street every morning for a fresh croissant was a special highlight.

We absolutely would return.

ColinF
Melbourne
“All we needed”
Reviewed 7 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

Close to Hospital Clinic station for easy access via the fabulous metro to all Barcelona sights. Excellent market rwto minutes away with large supermarket underneath; nice little supermarket almost opposite and two fruit shops on next corner. Many cafes nearby for breakfast or lunch snacks; a bit further for outdoor evening meals - a couple on corner of D'Aribau and Mallorca, great selection in Rambla de Catalunya, still within walking distance. Spacious, comfortable flat for 3 or 4 in quality building away from tourist areas; separate kitchen, dining and living areas; two good bathrooms; excellent facilities. Traffic on Villarroel can be a bit noisy - sometimes we closed bedroom doors and left living area doors and internal windows open. Book in advance online for Battlo, Pedrera, Sagrada Familia (you just have to go inside) and Parc Guell (they allow 400 entries per half-hour - when we arrived at 11.10 the next available time was 2.30). Don't miss Palau Guell.

Your age range 65+
Inspirati...
“Good overall, generally happy but there were pluses and minuses.”
Reviewed 8 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

We had a great week in Barcelona (our first time, and with a toddler) and the apartment was clean and functional and served our needs. It had mostly what we needed/ expected from the listing. The location was fine with the advantage of being directly opposite a bus stop which took us to where we wanted to be on a number of occasions.
Note though that the TripAdvisor map is misleading. It shows the apartment as practically around the corner from Urgell Metro and this is one of the main reasons we booked it, thinking "great - 2 mins walk from the metro". However, the apartment turned out to be more like 10 minutes walk, several blocks away, which with a toiddler in tow makes a difference. So I would advise you to google-map "Carrer de Villarroel, 136, Barcelona, Spain" and you will see that the real location differs from what TripAdvisor lists it as.
Another disappointing thing was that I messaged the owner through TripAdvisor 3 or 4 days before our arrival and after 24 hours there had been no reply. I then had to call the mobile number myself to speak to the owner so I would advise her to check her TripAdvisor message box more often.
We were told that she and her daughter, who speaks good English, would be waiting for us in the flat when we arrived. This did not happen. Instead we were met by someone who spoke very little English and could not answer the most basic questions about where to get food within walking distance of the apartment. That would kind of be OK I guess if the apartment had an information pack for new visitors. This was our first time in the City and there was absolutely no information telling us how to connect to the Wifi, how to use the satellite TV box, where to go to find food, what to do with the rubbish, or transport links near by, nothing.
The apartment advertises itself as "Sleeps 7". The pillows were pathetic and we were 2 adults and one child and we had to make do with using a combination 4 wafer thin pillows and sofa cushions. I would strongly recommend the owners to spend some money on decent pillows for guests.
On the plus sides: there was a coffee machine, very good kitchen facilities, the apartment was enjoyable to spend time in and there was a good table to eat at. The lift was very good and the bathroom was clean and had all we needed.
I've rated as Average as I do believe the owner could try harder to make guests feel welcome and provide information. There was the offer to call if we needed anything which is fine, but we are paying several hundred pounds to stay a week so I think she could really put in more effort to make us feel like we were getting value for money. When you read reviews of other apartments you see comments like "The host was amazing, they spend time showing us round and making sure we knew where everything was". I would not stay here again but I would certainly come to Barcelona again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
11 Nov 2016
Dear Neil,

I am so sad to read your review,
We trully want our guests to feel like at home,
And if you had a problem with the pillows you should have called ( you never did) and I would have changed them immediatly...
For the arrival, unfortunately we are a familiy business and it occurs that I have to attend my other job, ( i am a doctor) so sometimes I am not available myself to do the arrivals, I really apologize that the person who did your arrival didn't have the level of english you expected.
Concerning the subway, actually you can see in google maps, that instead of waling during more than 10 min to reach the urgell subway station, if you had walked on the other way you just had 200m to the Hospital clinic station ( one stop more on the same lane), again you should have called.
Concerning the tripadvisor map, I give the real address and that is how they point it on the map, so I don't know what I can do more from my side.
Thanks anyway for your comments, it will allow us to do better for our future guests,

Regards,

Miriam
Reviewed 30 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing