“Inspiring”

Barcelona Slow Travel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Are you looking for authentic experiences to do during your stay in Catalonia? Let us show you a glimpse of the local life and take you far from the tourist radar with our slow experiences. Join a tapas cooking & dining experience in a house setting. Taste organic wines and cava from the hand of their maker in a rural village in the Catalan countryside. Hike the most secret parts of Montserrat, far away from the tourist hordes or relax on a bike while discovering the hidden gastronomic gems of Barcelona. Our motto: authenticity, sustainability and full immersion. Expect a lot of good food on the way, as we are passionate by Catalan gastronomy and always include it in our tours!
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We didn't know what to expect when we arrived in front of the apartment. Guillermo opened the door after a couple of minutes and walked us to their flat. A warm welcome from a spirited couple encouraged us to relax and welcome the experience. Creatively self made furniture, back to the roots with home made soaps and all, and a beautiful terrace. Although stuck in between tall buildings, decorated with easy furniture and subtle terrace gardening.

We had great 2 hours of cooking, eating and exchanging stories.
It simply was great fun and inspiring..

Thanks,
Sophie & Ali

Guillermo J, Gerente at Barcelona Slow Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you Ali! Indeed we try to make the best of what we have. And be as sustainable as we can...Hopefully we can be inspiring sometimes! See you maybe very soon in Brussels...

There are newer reviews for Barcelona Slow Travel

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I've been searching the city of Barcelona for two months trying to find an amazing and traditional Paella dish. Finally, I found it, thanks to Guillermo and Cristina!

They are the most wonderful couple. They invite you into their beautiful home and teach you how to make Paella from scratch, including chopping all of the vegetables/fish, and making homemade fish stalk. Learning to make the fish stalk was an extra treat. They are very passionate about the ingredients, the process, and the history of the recipe. Not to mention, they are just a lot of fun, as well. I wish I could hang out and eat with them every night. Actually, if I asked, they would most likely say yes!

I would highly recommend this class (or any of their classes). It was fun, informational, and best of all... the food was outstanding! I'm still thinking about it. I finally understand what a real Paella is supposed to look like, smell like, and taste like.

Oh, and they are incredibly helpful if you want any information about Barcelona. As busy as they must be, they will take the time to answer any questions you email them about the city or food in general. They've been very helpful to me.

Thank you for such a fun and unique experience, Guillermo and Cristina! I'm so thankful I met you on this trip! Muchas Gracias!

Muchas gracias Gina! As I told you already, your presence was more than enjoyable in both the events you came to! I wish you a lot of happiness back home and also to impress all of your friends with your new Paella skills! If we ever come by SF, we'll let you know for sure!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We booked at Cristina and Guillermo as an activity during our week-end in Barcelona for a bachelorette party.
Our experience was very very positive! We had an excellent tapas "lunch" (they accommodated to have one at lunch time just for us). We really liked the food, the cooking tips. All ingredients are fresh from the local market. Served with wine or homemade ice tea! On top of that Guillermo and Cristina are great hosts! Charming, easy-going with excellent stories from their time travelling around the world and experiencing different cultures.
Really a good time and lessons learnt to make tapas home once back :-)
Our friend to gat married said it was her favorite activity of the week-end :-))

Merci beaucoup Elise! The good experience was shared! All the best to you and to the bride ;)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had such a great time! Guillermo and Cristina were the most inviting people you can meet! They invite you to their beautiful home and allow to make yourself comfortable. They taught us how to make the famous plate of Spain which was Paella. And let me say it was delicious and they made it so easy to learn how to make. I am so glad I attended their class. It was one of the many perks I had of visiting Barcelona!!!

Guillermo J, Gerente at Barcelona Slow Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Muchas gracias Natalie! We've had a wonderful time with you and your mum! You are welcome back anytime. All the best for the rest of your trip!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was our first eatwith experience. After realizing we had mixed up the time we were supposed to be there- Guillermo kindly sent me a reminder email and was the most accommodating host for us late arrivers! Cristina and Guillermo welcome you into their beautiful home and provide you with multiple dishes that' you can help make or watch them make. By the end of the meal we were completely full. All the ingredients are very fresh making the meal that much better. The hosts are highly knowledgeable about the city, and provided us with ideas of where we could visit next . Overall a great experience" the place is easy to find in a safe location, the price is reasonable, and the hosts are fantastic.

On a side note they have started a company called "Barcelona Slow Travel", it was just getting going when we were there, but it's a fantastic idea!- check this out if you are visiting Spain

Guillermo J, Gerente at Barcelona Slow Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you very much Tracie! You're welcome back anytime (but next time we'll set the dinner at a Spanish hour for you ;) All the best, Guillermo & Cristina