“INCREDIBLE Experience!! ONE OF A KIND WAY TO SEE BARCELONA!!!”

Barcelona Slow Travel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Are you looking for authentic experiences to do during your stay in Catalonia? Let us show you a glimpse of the local life, culture and traditions and take you away from the tourist radar. Visit organic, family run wineries 20 minutes from Barcelona and eat a 3 course traditional Catalan lunch in a slow food restaurant. Go meet local farmers, pick your own organic veggies before cooking and eating them in a farmhouse. Eat your way through Barcelona's most authentic tapas bars and restaurants in our Tapas Food Tour. Take a bike ride between the majestuous Penedes vineyards, meet with winery owners and learn about organic Cava. Cook with a local chef at her home in Barcelona using farm to table ingredients. Hike off the beaten trails of Montserrat, the magnificent Catalan mountain. Our experiences are always: -in very small groups or fully private on request -following strict sustainable guidelines -100% fun and authentic.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 13 October 2015

My mother and I did the Tapas cooking class, ECO Bike Wine Tour and the Gastronomic Bike Tour of Barcelona.

It was amazing! An experience that I will never forget, and added so much to our vacation in Barcelona. Before traveling to Barcelona, I wanted to make sure my family did a mix of things that gave us a unique (non-touristy) view of the city. I wanted to really get a sense of the lifestyle, food, history and culture of Barcelona- and these tours did just that!! Guerillmo and Cristina are the best! They made the experience fun, enjoyable and authentic!

First we did the Tapas cooking class, the group was 8 total around Guerillmo and Cristina's kitchen table. The food was delicious, fresh and better than any restaurant in my opinion. We learned how to prepare the local foods, while drinking local wines! All the while, learning about Barcelona from Guerillmo and Cristina. A side note- Guerillmo and Cristina are all about incorporating local businesses and artisans into their tours, which really supports the community.

Later in the week we did the ECO Wine Tour. A MUST SEE! This all day bike tour took us 45 minutes outside of Barcelona. We took the Renfe train outside the city and our guide, Albert, met us right at the train stop. Very easy!
From there the group of ten biked through BEAUTIFUL Spanish wine country. It was a DREAM! Gorgeous weather, beautiful terrain. Albert was an amazing guide! So much fun! We toured two beautiful family run wineries, and had an amazing lunch between the wineries. It was a very special experience. I'm ready to go back! Anyone traveling to Barcelona NEEDS to venture outside the city and do a tour like this.

Our last tour with Slow Travel was the Gastronomic Bike tour of Barcelona. What a lovely experience! Cristina biked around the city with us and showed us some of her favorite food and drink spots. You won't find this in any tour book. It was a one of a kind experience. Cristina was so knowledgable about the culture and history of the area. She took us to THE BEST spots in the city.. and we tried some delicious food. Bikes were very comfortable and we rode through very safe areas. It was a wonderful way to experience Barcelona. We even ventured to the Mediterranean Sea and hung out at the boardwalk area. Cristina was a wonderful guide!

Both Guerillmo and Cristina are so knowledgable, they even sent us amazing recommendations of neighborhoods and restaurants to check out. (Albert at the ECO wine tour was amazing too!) I'm so thankful we booked tours through Barcelona Slow Travel. I can't imagine our trip without these 3 special tours. I didn't want it to end! Touring with Barcelona Slow Travel will give you an experience you can't find in a guide book... a special, unique experience that I plan to tell all my friends about. This is a MUST.

Guillermo J, Owner at Barcelona Slow Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2015

Thank you SO MUCH Katie! What a wonderful description of 3 of our tours! I have nothing to add, except a big thank you to you and your mother for being so nice! Greetings from Guillermo, Cristina & Albert.

All reviews
"amazing tapas"
"a lot of fun"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 13 October 2015

My husband and I spent our first night in Barcelona in the expert hands of Guillermo & Christina, immersed in the kind hardheartedness and generosity of spirit of the Catalan way. With 3 other adventure seeking foodies, we spent the night sipping delicious local vermouth (Yum!) and wines, chopping and learning about the various Tapas delights we all cooked together. Upon reserving our spots, I asked if they could accommodate my vegetarian husband, and Guillermo responded quickly and enthusiastically that they often have vegetarians at the table, and no worries at all. Turns out most of the 10 dishes we cooked and ate were vegetable based, with a few delicious fish and meat ones along the way. Everything was prepared with the freshest ingredients and given to us with detailed instructions about how to make it and where it fits into the local cuisine/culture. This full, yet casual evening, was rounded out by great laughter and sharing of stores around the table, like being with old friends around their kitchen table. The added bonus was that we left more confident to enjoy the rest of our vacation knowing a lot more about what to look for on Tapas menus the rest of the week, with this great foundation under my belt. Thank you for starting our magical week in Barcelona off with such a high point Guillermo and Christina. (Looking forward to seeing you in Bali!!!)

Thank you Laura for a fantastic time during the dinner. We look forward seeing you in Bali soon! Best regards, Guillermo & Cristina

Reviewed 7 October 2015

We were visiting Barcelona on our honeymoon and had booked the paella cooking experience in advance without knowing how truly wonderful it would be. After starting off walking through a beautiful Spanish market and buying ingredients (we both work in hospitality and are food geeks, so this was especially fun for us), we were graciously invited into Guillermo and Cristina's lovely home. We were offered interesting and unique locally sourced Spanish wines, fresh organic local ingredients, and what turned out to be great company with the other two couples who we met that evening. It was fun to enjoy the process of cooking interesting and different food and then having what felt like a dinner party with an intimate group of interesting people. Lots of food, lots of wine, lots of laughter. We HIGHLY recommend this experience and will absolutely sign up for another event with Barcelona Slow Travel the next time we are in town.

Thank you very much Dara! We're looking forward your next visit then, and congratulations again on your wedding. Guillermo

Reviewed 7 October 2015

Local guide Albert was friendly and knowledgable. Our group that day was small & consist of me my husband & another fun-loving lady, Jackie from NY. Albert picked us up from the train statin in his van & immediately offered us some grapes from the region to try! He was meticulous in ensuring we were comfortable with our helmets & bicycles. As we rode through the small town Albert would entertain us with snippets of grape cultivating details & helped us take pictures. Our first visit was to a smaller winery where we tried their cava and red. Lunch was a gastronomic experience;the tapas were delicious the wine tasty and the company was awesome. FYI dessert was a real treat. This tiny chocolate almond snack was so good we even bought some from the shop. Second visit was to a larger more established winery where we had cava, white and red. Even though the grapes had all been harvested during the time we were there it still made the best day we had in Barcelona. If you are looking for a more personal experience, go for this!

Thank you very much Tan, we're glad to hear you liked our Eco Wine Tour so much! We're looking forward your next visit to Barcelona. All the best, Guillermo.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 October 2015

Guillermo and Christina put our diverse group of nine at ease as we were welcomed into their home. Not only did we participate in the market tour getting the ingredients we all had fun together in the preparation and cooking of the exceptionally family recipe paella. We enjoyed the opportunity to share laughter and good conversation with new friends. While my wife is not a huge seafood fan, she said her experience was not diminished by that and enjoyed the wonderful flavours in what she ate. I agree with her when she said "the best of the experience went beyond the food." It is not a restaurant or cooking class experience...it is a family experience. A great experience with great hosts, excellent food and new friends from around the world.

1  Thank CgyTraveller_10

Thank you so much Art, we're very happy you had so much fun during our experience! Looking forward to your next visit, Guillermo.